Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] 'Roman Temple Architectural Study' has missing texture

[ Edited ]
Hero

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.134.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Try to place the base game painting: 'Roman Temple Architectural Study' 2. Instead of a picture, there's just a colorful question mark
What happens when the bug occurs? Question Mark texture instead of painting
What do you expect to see? Painting
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Installing Patch/Eco Pack

See Pic

Picture.JPG

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 1 of 11 (1,643 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] 'Roman Temple Architectural Study' has missing texture

Hero

Restored the missing texture of wall hanging Roman Temple Architectural Study

Fixed in Patch 1.63.136/ Console 1.25

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 11 of 11 (1,262 Views)

All Replies

★★ Apprentice

To add to this, I've noticed it's only the first swatch that has the problem. The rest are fine. 06-06-20_11-39-50 AM.png

Message 2 of 11 (1,476 Views)

Missing Texture on Painting Swatch in BB Mode

★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.134.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats & Dogs, City Living, Discover University, Get Famous, Get to Work, Get Together, Island Living, Seasons, Parenthood, Realm of Magic, Spa Day, Vampires, Kids Room, Tiny Living.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Build a wall/house/room. Go into wall decorations or paintings and select the "Roman Temple Architectural Study" item in the Black/Dark swatch.
What happens when the bug occurs? What seems to be a texture load error occurs displaying a multi-color texture instead.
What do you expect to see? I expected to see the item displayed with the black swatch for the frame.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I was building for a shell challenge and placed the painting in question. After loading the save file after the base game patch, the issue occurred without any other changes made and after removing all the mods and cc from the game.

I attached two screenshots. One is of the problem in BB mode. The other shows the same object, with a different swatch, and shows which item in question this happens to (with name of object displayed).

Message 3 of 11 (1,443 Views)

Re: Missing Texture on Painting Swatch in BB Mode

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I just checked this on my game as well. and yes there is a missing texture on the black swatch of that painting. and as I was browsing the bugs forum I saw that this bug is already reported, make sure to check if the bug is already reported before making a new topic. Orginal topic: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Roman-Temple-Architectural-Study-has-missing-textu...

Message 4 of 11 (1,417 Views)

★★★★ Pro

I can confirm the same and I noticed it after the patch, even before I added Eco Living.  I can also second @MissyHissy statement that it's only the first swatch.

Best regards,

Jennifer

Message 5 of 11 (1,452 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Same here too it also happens after the new patch was released. Only the first black swatch has the weird texture. All other swatch are not affected even the other picture.

Edit: I also noticed that the picture sometimes will be invisible after you buy it and grab it somewhere.

Message 6 of 11 (1,442 Views)

Re: Missing Texture on Painting Swatch in BB Mode

★★ Apprentice
@eyAnton I had checked the known bugs reported but I suppose that thread hadn't been added to that list yet. Thank you.
Message 7 of 11 (1,392 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I had this problem and submitted my own report before seeing this thread, as it had not yet been added to the updated/current BB bug list. This also happened to me.

I don't have eco living, this swatch was fine for me in a build before the patch, but not after.

Message 8 of 11 (1,398 Views)

Hero
@AhnzoVincente Merged your post.

Yeah, bit crazy atm. Will be awhile untiI have time to add new stuff to the list.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 11 (1,379 Views)

★★ Novice

I am also encountering this problem. Funny thing is it was after I had installed these new sets of mods to which I though the mods were at fault and did many troubleshooting such as clearing the cache and stuff. I'm glade to see that it was a patch problem and hope to see it fixed soon.

Message 10 of 11 (1,307 Views)