[NEEDS SAVES] Rocks/Dig sites et al not spawning in neighborhoods

by MarijaV95

Original Post

Re: Dig Sites

Hero
@amberj_90 You need to spend actual time in the neighborhood for them to spawn.

The time for those only progress when you're in these worlds.

Can you test that ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 21 of 77 (6,465 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INFO] Rocks not spawning in neighborhoods

★★★ Novice

I'm having the same problem except that my rocks and dig piles are not respawning at all. Once I visit a particular neighborhood and collect all the rocks once, that's it. No more rocks, frog logs, or dig piles if I come back in a day or two and stay on the lot for three or four Sim hours.

I think maybe something is going wrong with the lot resetting itself. In my most recent save, I visited the park in Oasis Springs, grilled a plate of hamburgers and collected all the rocks. The next time I returned to the park, about two Sim days later, the plate of burgers was still there and had not spoiled at all - it still had seven hours until spoiling. The rocks and dig piles had not respawned and the wild plants had not grown any taller. (When I first visited, the wild plants were only beginning to sprout, and they stopped growing at that stage.)

This is happening in multiple neighborhoods in Willow Creek and Oasis Springs. However, the rocks and dig piles and frog logs are respawning overnight in my home neighborhood.

Message 22 of 77 (6,708 Views)

Re: My sim is only digging up limestone or time capsule in all neighbourhoods

★ Pro

I'm having issues in a new save started after installing SE with the rocks not respawning after digging. In Oasis Springs I have the additional problem that the crystal rocks also produced time capsules, not crystals, and the rocks haven't respawned after sim weeks of play. I've had my sim dig crystal rocks around the Oasis park and near the Johnny Zest trailer. My poor sim collector has only been able to find two crystals and is now into his adulthood stage. I play with long aging so that's a very long time to be looking.

In Sulani there was a crystal rock near the volcano that did produce a crystal but hasn't respawned in sim weeks of play. He also got a crystal recently from The Bluff's lot in Windenburg but so far that crystal rock hasn't respawned either but it hasn't been as long a period since collecting in Oasis Springs and Sulani. I'm about ready to cheat the level for collecting 5 crystals as it is beginning to feel like "the impossible dream", lol.

I haven't paid close enough attention to fossil rocks respawning, or not, since crystals are the current goal. A sim can dig in a dig pile, which I've done out of frustration over the crystal rocks, but it usually results in a question mark thought bubble and plumbing parts Standard smile

Message 23 of 77 (6,657 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INFO] Rocks not spawning in neighborhoods

★★ Novice

I'm having same problem ever since I downloaded pets can't find rocks and holes anywhere 

Message 24 of 77 (6,616 Views)

Re: My sim is only digging up limestone or time capsule in all neighbourhoods

★★★★★ Newbie

Having same issue after latest patch - HELP!

Message 25 of 77 (6,542 Views)

Dig sites not spawning sims 4 2021

★★★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.72.28.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Snowy Escape, Discover University, Island Living, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get to Work, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out, Toddler Stuff, Vintage Glamour,
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Not sure, it happens on all of my saves and no dig sites appear anywhere on any worlds
What happens when the bug occurs? No dig sites spawning anywhere on any world, i've tried going to Oasis Springs and staying there for hours and nothing spawns there or anywhere else. There are no rocks anywhere I can click on in any worlds.
What do you expect to see? There should be clickable rocks in their usual places that you can dig for treasure in
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Latest patch 23rd March 2021

Hello. As described above no dig sites or rocks anywhere. I am trying to fulfil curator aspiration so this is really not ideal. SO fed up of all the bugs on this game what is even the point. Please can someone help?

Message 26 of 77 (6,560 Views)

Re: Dig sites not spawning sims 4 2021

Hero
@clairetimeloww I merged this with the bug report you also already posted in. This is still open so no new thread is needed.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 27 of 77 (6,523 Views)

Re: Dig Sites

★★ Novice

Hi there,

I have the same problem and it doesn't matter if I spend time in that lot/neighbourhood or not Frown

Message 28 of 77 (6,414 Views)

Re: Dig sites not spawning sims 4 2021

★★ Novice

Hi,

How is this going? I also experience the same problem.

Message 29 of 77 (6,419 Views)

No rocks or digging spots

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Svenska
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.73.75.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get famous and eco lifestyle
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to a public lot and you'll see that there are no digging spots spawning and the rocks where one can collect crystals are not showing.
What happens when the bug occurs? There are no digging spots or rocks to search for collectables on.
What do you expect to see? Rocks and digging spots so I can complete my collections.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Hi,

I am trying to find all the collections on The sims 4. However, the digging spots and rocks to find crystals have dissapeared. I doesn't matter which world I am in or for how long I am playing on that lot. I have tried to repair the game and deleated cache. However, I can find 2 digging spots just outside my own lot.

Can you guys help me solve it?

Message 30 of 77 (6,379 Views)