[NEEDS SAVES] Rocks/Dig sites et al not spawning in neighborhoods

by MarijaV95

Original Post

Re: My sim is only digging up limestone or time capsule in all neighbourhoods

★★ Novice

Hello, 

Thank you for your reply!

The rocks spawn and I can always dig them, but the only 2 things I ever find are limestone and time capsule. (I used to find crystals) 

Message 11 of 77 (2,177 Views)

Hero
@toopin But you have both kinds of rocks ? With and without the crystal spikes ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 77 (2,166 Views)

★★ Novice

Hey, 

Actually on closer inspection it doesn't look like I have any crystal rocks spawning, only the limestone rocks.

Message 13 of 77 (2,164 Views)

Hero
@toopin There's quite a few of them in Oasis Springs. Can you play there for a while ? You usually need to play in the neighborhood where the spawners are for a while as the counters only count down if you spend time there.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 77 (2,145 Views)

★★ Novice

Ah okay. Thank you for your help. I'll let you know how I get on! 

Message 15 of 77 (2,135 Views)

★★ Novice

@crinrict 

I'm sorry, I think I misread your message. I'm actually only really playing in oasis springs, as my sim lives there. Still all the rocks that I find are only limestone or capsule. I've been multiple times to the area around where the shops are and still unable to get anything better than a fossil! 

Message 16 of 77 (2,130 Views)

Hero
@toopin Could you try some of the other worlds ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 17 of 77 (2,124 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I have noticed that if you have cats and or dogs in the neighborhood your get the dig spawners for the cats and dogs especially if the dog or cat likes to search for stuff.  Traits that create spawns override neighborhood spawn.  I haven't seen crystals from the dig sites. 

Message 18 of 77 (2,055 Views)

Hero
@toopin Have you been able to check other worlds ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 19 of 77 (2,001 Views)

Dig Sites

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.134.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Discover University, Island Living, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats & Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, Realm of Magic, Strangerville, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, Tiny Living, Moschino, My first Pet Stuff, Laundry Day, Toddler Stuff, Fitness Stuff, Bowling, Vintage Glamour, Backyard Stuff, Kids Room Stuff, Romantic Garden Stuff, Movie Hangout, Spooky Stuff, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff, Luxury Party Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Dig for crystals, minerals or treasures
What happens when the bug occurs? Dig sites do not respawn, even after waiting a significant amount of time.
What do you expect to see? Dig sites should respawn after a significant amount of time
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I noticed that dig sites / rocks do not respawn at all. For example, I dug up all the ones I could find in the Oasis Springs Park and Sylvian Glades, then my sim traveled back to her home in Sulani and waited a sim week before returning to either site and there were still no dig sites / rocks anywhere to be found.

Message 20 of 77 (1,687 Views)