Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Resume making potion resets Sim

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.133.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? From realm of magic, when you brew a potion it will stop brewing and when you try to continue, it keeps resetting and won't progress.
What happens when the bug occurs? It just jumps your person around the cauldron and resets them. I recorded it - https://youtu.be/u56zoAdfBLI
What do you expect to see? A potion being made?
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. It was the June 3, 2020 eco living patch.

https://youtu.be/u56zoAdfBLI

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 32 (7,718 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] Resume making potion resets Sim

Hero

Spellcaster Sims will no longer get reset when Brewing Potions gets canceled and then Resumed.

Fixed in Patch 1.75.125/ 1.42

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 32 of 32 (4,231 Views)

All Replies

Re: Realm of Magic Issue with Eco Living Patch 6/3/20

Hero
@WyntirNox Did you place anything with Moo around the cauldron ? Did you try moving it around a bit ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 32 (7,632 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@crinrict I moved it to an area completely clear of anything and it still wasn't working.
Message 3 of 32 (7,626 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I can comfirm the exact issue. This also apply to making food instead of a potion and all potion options that I could test. I also tested both cauldrons. The potions can still be made from start to finish with no interruptions but if the player or the sim's surroundings tell them to stop, it cannot be restarted as the Sim simply walks up and immediately resets. The cauldron becomes unusable until you discard its contents, losing the ingredients and in one case glitching one ingredient, causing a different bug that prevents making the potion associated with the ingredient as the game is confused on whether or not the Sim has the ingredient required (but is fixable once another of the same ingredient is added into the sim's inventory)

This especially becomes a problem if a Sim has the curse of uncontrollable laughter and attempting to make a potion of curse cleansing to get rid of it, only for the Sim to get interrupted making the potion to uncontrollably laugh and, as a result, can't resume the potion, such is my case. 

Message 4 of 32 (7,525 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Resume making potion resets Sim

★ Guide
@WyntirNox I have the same issue
Message 5 of 32 (7,444 Views)

Brewing and t-posing.

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.134.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I am on Glimmerbrook Watch in Glimmerbrook. I have a cauldron on my lot and whenever I continue my "Potion of Plentiful Needs" the bug happens.
What happens when the bug occurs? My character will t-pose (reset), teleport to another location near the cauldron and then continue the action.
What do you expect to see? She continues without resetting and teleporting.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The newest patch up to the release of Eco Living.

I have get an issue when I ask my sim to brew a potion; whenever I do she will t-pose, reset and teleport to another location near the object after which she will resume the brewing action. 

Message 6 of 32 (7,397 Views)

Re: Brewing and t-posing.

Hero
@Astricat I merged your post with existing report.

Make sure to click me too on the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 32 (7,388 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Resume making potion resets Sim

★★★★★ Apprentice

I have the same thing as Wynterlili. She'll just stop brewing, and any attempt to get her to resume the potion will start the animation then abruptly stop it, and the potion will have disappeared from her queue. No way to keep going. However, this does not happen 100% of the time for me, I think it depends on the potion. Some she can complete, some she cannot.

No t-posing or resuming the action on her own, unlike the second bug report.

MacBook Pro, no mods and no CC since before the patch. Tried in a completely clear area outside in case it was a bb.moveobjects issue, still didn't work.

Message 8 of 32 (7,311 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I have just discovered this exact same gltch, and the game has forgotten two of the three sages so has randomised other sims to take their places all of a sudden

Message 9 of 32 (7,098 Views)

★ Novice

I have just had the same bug happen when I was resuming making Kava and only when resuming it.

Message 10 of 32 (7,003 Views)