[OPEN] Reset Object Cheat makes Sim get stuck in T-Pose

by Nuke615

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Reset Object Cheat makes Sim get stuck in T-Pose

★★★★★ Apprentice

This happens to me too, I often reset them because I have ridiculous simulation lag and they'll stand there forever not doing the thing I said if I don't reset them, and then oftentimes, this happens.

Message 11 of 30 (2,569 Views)

★ Guide

I've seen this quite a bit on YouTube, and it has happened in my game as well.

I have a theory: Pets.

This only seems to happen in households in Brindleton Bay. I've noticed before it's happened that the queue fills up with "Pet Fluffy/etc." (usually a cat in the household or the yard). I might have caught the glitch starting in another BB household, but since this one did not have any pets, the game un-glitched on its own.

So yeah, it's those darned cats.

Message 12 of 30 (2,560 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

This happened to me when my sims lived in Willow Creek, but they had a cat. Now, my sims live in Brindleton Bay, and my family was at a party in NewCrest and it happened again with two sims. They also have a cat. I use a macbook and it became quite hot. 

Message 13 of 30 (2,546 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This happened to me as well. Game is unmodded, no CC, just expansions/game packs and such, and during the new year's eve event it happened. I had 3 sims sing together and it started getting pretty creepy, with all 3 of them moving their lower jaws at the same time, but not moving otherwise. They continued to be completely still even after singing, so i shift click to reset one, and all the sims in Windenburg are now stuck in the almost-tpose, teleporting around. I tried saving, save as, going to main menu and back, travelling to different lots and back, but the only thing that fixed it for me was saving, closing completely and reopening the game. Really strange. One sim household, one cat, 30x20 lot in Windenburg. 

Message 14 of 30 (2,510 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Just had this happen to me. My Sim, her cat, and 2 other Sims were visiting in her apartment. My Sim stopped responding or doing anything, so I reset her. Suddenly all the Sims, even a random guy walking in the hall, jumped into T pose and stayed that way. I tried resetting all of them and they just jumped to a new spot, still in T pose. After resetting them all a third time, everything went back to normal. I have no mods in my game and never have.

Message 15 of 30 (2,486 Views)

★★ Guide
This started happening in my game after I bought MFPS (a few months ago). So far in most cases, it happens with a famous sim. they have a few tasks queued up, but they are standing still like they are idle. The other sims in the household are fine. When I shift click and reset them they are stuck in the T pose until I go to manage world and back again. just going in and out of build mode or saving does nothing. When I return, based on their moodlets and needs, I see that they have done the said tasks before the freeze.
Message 16 of 30 (2,459 Views)

★★ Novice

I’ve been having the same problem (two times to be exact). My Sims live in Briddleton Bay and they wouldn’t let me cancel the current actions and then I had done “Reset Object Debug” on my Sim and then he did the t-pose and so I tried to go to CAS to see if that would fix it, and in turn it made all of my Sims in the t-pose. The only thing I’ve done to help is repair the game through origin, but even that has had it happen again even though it didn’t do it for a while. It seems as if when the cat in the household goes up to “hug” even though I didn’t command the Sim to hug the cat, it glitches them, making their current actions not work and the queue not work because it’s saying the hug is next. I tried to move the cat to a different household while they were still in the t-pose, but it didn’t work. Currently repairing the game again to see if it fixes the problem.

Message 17 of 30 (2,371 Views)

★★★ Guide

The house this happened in was also in Brindleton Bay (50x50 lot upper right of map view).  However, after I cleaned up my mod folder so everything was compatible, I have not experienced the issue in quite a while.  When I reset (debug) them now, they only briefly go into the T-Pose before lowering their arms.

Message 18 of 30 (2,351 Views)

★★★ Newbie

>Has wicked mod

Ew.

Message 19 of 30 (2,311 Views)

★★ Novice

@Nuke615 wrote:

The house this happened in was also in Brindleton Bay (50x50 lot upper right of map view).  However, after I cleaned up my mod folder so everything was compatible, I have not experienced the issue in quite a while.  When I reset (debug) them now, they only briefly go into the T-Pose before lowering their arms.

Yea I haven’t experienced it in a hot minute and it started to happen on that same lot that you’re talking about. I cleaned my mod folder and I think it was the “add more columns in CAS” because it was outdated, it caused another problem that I didn’t realize was because of that mod, so maybe that’s why it happened for me at least.

Message 20 of 30 (2,304 Views)