Re: [OPEN] Reset Object Cheat makes Sim get stuck in T-Pose

by arterialrainbow

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Reset Object Cheat makes Sim get stuck in T-Pose

★★★ Guide

there's a mod conflict detector out there if you google....but I find that the mods that cause problems, most of the time, have scripts associated with them...i.e. cow plant mods or grass replacement mods  I have kept many files (décor items) the detector locates as conflicting, but found deleting old mods with scripts solved my problems

Message 21 of 30 (2,041 Views)

★★★ Novice

This happens to me too, and I don't use any mods/custom content. I've noticed that it seems to happen more often when there are toddlers in the household, but it's happened in every save I have, new and old. Currently everyone in the household is t-posing above my adult Sims bed and "sleeping" with a bunch of z's over their heads while also simultaneously building skills (not sure which ones yet, I'll know when they level up, I guess).

Message 22 of 30 (1,936 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Happening to me. The dog was sleeping on the couch but he was actually standing expressionless. It’s started when I had my sims sing a song and they just stood emotionless (no t-pose) and so I reset those two, then my WHOLE HOUSEHOLD was t-posing, teleporting, and they refused to do most actions. I want my game back to normal because this is the first and only world I’ve actually committed to in which I didn’t use cheats to increase aspiration, career, skill, or other things.

Message 23 of 30 (1,890 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

saving and restarting helps...and going into build mode and back out will sometimes nudge a motionless sim.  Reset object works for me also (now)...and that's where you might see teleportation

Message 24 of 30 (1,883 Views)

★★ Guide
I'm also having this issue. A Sim is stuck on a certain interaction, I reset, they are still broken. Reset once again, stuck in T-Pose. I was forced to restart the game for everything to work again. Not a pleasant experience.
Message 25 of 30 (1,861 Views)

Re: Debug Bugged

★ Guide

I started getting this today. My sim doesn't need to be stuck for it to start. The first time she had Get Stung in her queue and I didn't want to deal with it so I reset her and she held her pose for a while. Then later on she wanted to route downstairs to drink the water she'd grabbed autonomously and I reset her and it did it again. Then she asked her mom for advice and the mom still had the "be asked advice" in her active actions list even though the teen was routing off to do homework. I reset the caregiver and the teen still held her pose for a couple seconds.

I made a video messing around with it in a few scenarios. It's easiest for me to trigger it when she's routing to do something, and stuff she might do autonomously (dancing, getting a glass of water, etc) will hold longer than other things. It also seems like the game thinks she's still doing stuff while she's stuck--you can see she's already en route to go dancing after she unsticks at one point, and at the end she ends up in her room on another level even though there was nothing up there for what she was supposed to be doing. She'll reset normally sometimes like once she's already in the process of doing something (you can see that when she washes her hands, even if for some reason she walks through the stove to get there). The other sims in her household reset normally most of the time but I have gotten one other to stick doing the same things.

No mods or anything. The teen is a wizard, but her wizard sisters aren't nearly as sticky as she is.

Message 26 of 30 (1,790 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

This just happened to my sim when I reset her after she got stuck from having her queue spammed with petting her cat, I had to travel to a new lot to get her unstuck.

Message 27 of 30 (1,740 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

This has been happening to me as well, only with my family with a cat. I noticed the most recent time that the affected sim had an action to pet the cat queued, the sim froze and before doing anything I noticed the cat running in a circle. This time I reset the cat instead of the sim and I didn't get the T-pose.

Message 28 of 30 (1,693 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@LiELF This is exactly what happened to me. My sims were teleporting around when I started my play session and after hosting a dinner party, they froze up. Traveling off the lot didn't fix it and other Townies were now t-posing as well.

I had already did "Save As" before reading your post, but it did work!
Message 29 of 30 (1,297 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@Nuke615 [QUICK FIX] This happened to me. No mods/cc i was trying to interact with toddlers. Multiple adults interacting with toddlers is real bad thing. My game freezes up often. What I did to fix it, I turned testingcheats true, then I entered CAS, changed one of the frozen people's outfits, and went back to the game, and they were moving again.
Message 30 of 30 (584 Views)