by crinrict

Original Post

[OPEN] Reset Object Cheat makes Sim get stuck in T-Pose

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.47.49.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all expansions several game and stuff packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? you have to wait for a sim to get stuck or not have any autonomous activity, and after selecting that sim, shift + right click to debug.
What happens when the bug occurs? After a sim gets stuck (will not respond to any commands) the sim relocates to a new area of the lot at times, and/or is stuck with arms at a 45 degree angle after using the left shift + right click to debug
What do you expect to see? the sim get reset and follow the next command or resume autonomous activity
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. 11-14-18 update

The sims are becoming stuck more frequently since the 11-14-18 update,  And when using the left shift + right click to debug and reset the sim, the sim gets stuck in a pose with their arms spread at 45 degrees.  This has happened a few times since the update.  The sim also (sometimes) relocates to a different area of the lot as if there was a severe lag after debugging, but the sims stays frozen in that pose. (see screen shot)

Message 1 of 30 (12,006 Views)

Re: Debug Bugged

Hero
Does it only happen if they actually get stuck ? Cause the cheat works fine for me when they are not stuck.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 30 (11,899 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

yes...the debug works when they are still doing something and have not become stuck.  It only has happened when they get stuck and I can not cancel their tasks.  This is when I use the debug and they change positions, but remain stuck in that zombie position. PS this particular screen shot was taken after debugging that sim on the second story, and he transported to the 1st level in the middle of a chair as if there was a severe lag and no clipping

Message 3 of 30 (11,896 Views)
Highlighted

Hero
Putting on needs input then cause I haven't seen any of my Sims get stuck .. aka hard to duplicate.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 30 (11,889 Views)

★★★ Guide
I understand..but perhaps a few more players have experienced this...it is hard to replicate even for myself. Something like this happened very infrequently before the update, but I have experienced this 4 times in only the last 2 days
Message 5 of 30 (11,886 Views)

Hero
That's why I flagged it as needs input. :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 30 (11,872 Views)

★★★★ Guide
I think this happened to me in my save I created after the patch. My sim was at the OS bar having a grand time celebrating with a friend that asked her to hang out. After the event ended, I noticed a some garbage in the queue or something. When I went to reset her, it t-posed. Traveling off lot (back to home) fixed the sim. IDK what happened though. All I can do is think of the phrase, "there's a glitch in the matrix". [shrug]
Message 7 of 30 (11,829 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

So I had a lockup the other day where I used the cheat and they didn't T-Pose at all. Just good normal resetting.

So not sure what's going on here.

Added to the list as needs input for more voices.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 30 (11,788 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Reset Object Cheat makes Sim get stuck in T-Pose

★ Guide

This just happened to me, but on a grander scale. I am playing a completely vanilla game, no mods, no CC. Just had Winterfest and when Father Winter showed up, everything went bonkers. I commanded the Sims to open presents under the tree, but my game seemed to suddenly lag and started teleporting Sims around in between being frozen. I tried resetting the Sims in my household, but then they went into "T" position and stayed that way. Every couple of minutes I was getting a notification of what each Sim got in their gift, but nothing was happening. One of them suddenly had on an outfit I did not give her. They continued to teleport at a slow pace, as if the game was chugging to a standstill. This household has three young adults, a teen, two children, a toddler, and a cat. I have a pretty powerful desktop PC, so performance is not normally a concern. 

So then I tried going to Manage Worlds and sent them to a Cafe, but they stayed in that "T" position, but this time so did any townies that appeared on the lot. So NONE of the Sims were moving. 

I tried switching households after that to a single Sim household but that Sim was in the same position. So I did a "Save As" and quit my game completely. When I restarted and continued that save, everything was back to normal. 

I do play with need cheats and the move objects cheat, but I think that's all I used. The lot I was originally playing on is a 64X64, downloaded from the gallery. I'd been playing on and off this lot for a few hours and it was completely fine, until the Winterfest holiday. 

Message 9 of 30 (11,757 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Reset Object Cheat makes Sim get stuck in T-Pose

Hero
Thanks for your report.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 30 (11,748 Views)