Re: Removed Traits Still Show Up On Info Panels

by unseenlarks

Original Post

★★ Expert
@crinrict--yes, maybe i've imagined it. Tongue out

and this one is new, like you said, and it's not like the old issue anyway... where the old trait would be stuck and not replaced by the new one.

some of my Sims with the 'old' trait do get the related moodlets, some don't, that's the same as before... this is just affecting how the old traits display. some previously gone are back.

for example, i have a previously-Loner Sim who doesn't act like one, gets no related moodlets, and the trait itself was gone from other Sims' panels before the patch. now, they all see her as Loner (plus her three current traits).
Message 11 of 19 (959 Views)

extra trait

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Русский язык
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.156.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All (incl. Snowy Escape)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Give the Re-Traiting potion, purchased in the Aspiration Reward Stare, to the sim and change traits. Then check if there is one extra trait using the sim profile
What happens when the bug occurs? I wanted to change all my sim's traits and purchased the Re-Traiting potion. Before canging his traits were: Child of the Oceans, Hot-Headed and Family-Oriented. I clicked the randomize traits button and the sim's new traits were: Green Fiend, Gloomy and Child of the Oceans. I checked the sim's profile and found out that one of his previous traits hadn't dissapeared (Family-Oriented). Now he has four basic triats. I've checked the same potion on other sims from different saves: the same issue appears. They all have one additional trait.
What do you expect to see? I expected that traits just changed with no additional traits Standard smile
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

There are shoots from the game. I'm sorry for the Russian language but the pictures of traits are clear.

Traits beforeTraits after

The sim's profile after the potion

Sim's profile

Message 12 of 19 (925 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Removed Traits Still Show Up On Info Panels

EA Staff

Hello.

If anyone is still seeing the issue (without mods) and are willing to share save files, instructions are here.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 13 of 19 (844 Views)

★ Guide
@SimGuruRitzy I can't speak for anyone else, but I haven't been able to replicate the issue since the 12/07/2020 patch.
Message 14 of 19 (800 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Hi! I don't have any mods or custom content. I bought the re-trait potion for my sim and had him change his traits. Instead of replacing them though he just ended up with 5 traits (I kept one of the original traits). I haven't saved the game because I'm worried he will be stuck with traits I don't want.

Message 15 of 19 (763 Views)

★★ Apprentice

My sim now has all of the traits she previously had and the new ones I added using the trait-changing potion from the reward store. They show up in the sinology panel, not just her info panel.

Message 16 of 19 (727 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@Abradley745 even with the potion, mine is doing this.
Message 17 of 19 (726 Views)

★★★ Guide

yea it used to help. seems with the change to sim profile it no longer does as I have a sim who in their profiles reads like 14 different ea traits... and that's without mods. I really hope this gets fixed. 

Message 18 of 19 (688 Views)

★ Guide

This may be a little different, but I have sims that I changed traits for using the re-traiting potion through the rewards store- so not cheating, and they still behave as though they have those traits. Previously mean sims are still mean autonomously even though I remove the trait and replaced it and did not cheat to remove the trait. I know traits still persist if cheating is involved but that is happening here anyway.

Message 19 of 19 (495 Views)