Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Reloading the game while Sim is dying produces tombstone

by TheSteelRodent

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Just wanted to say that I reported this years ago because it kept happening with my vampires. Only after one of the recent updates the game's forgotten who the tombstones belong to.

Basically when a sim is dying, while the death animation is playing exit to the main menu and reload your last save for that family. Then a tombstone for the dying, but now still alive sim will appear in your active family's inventory.

And when you do that a few times you can make stuff like this (these 5 vampire tombstones are all for the same sim):

11-19-19_5-07-41 PM.png

I submitted my save back then, but was told they couldn't reproduce it, which to me is weird because it happens for me every single time I do it.

Message 31 of 35 (596 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

I just recently had this issue myself and can say using Debug Reset on a sim before grim can do his thing then choosing Exit to main menu causes the exact same issue (Urn and all past items being in household inventory and you get System Error if you try to place other than that game is still playable). My fix was rolling back to a previous save. Deleting the cache and all normal stuff didn't work.

I play on PC... This is my save if it helps it contains the Recovered version without the issue as well as the one with the issue https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TTVHppPwXgp7J3EM1pfqr5WlFCyHmw8s/view?usp=sharing 

Message 32 of 35 (552 Views)

Sim Still Has a Tombstone After Reloading to Point Prior to Death

★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number?  1.91.205.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansion packs expect for Cottage Living and High School Years. All game packs expect for Werewolf and My Wedding Stories, and Journey to Batuu. All stuff packs expect for Nifty Knitting, Moschino, and My First Pet. Desert Luxe  is the only kit I own.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? The Sim died of rage while on the acting career lot. I went back to the main menu and reloaded my save before for this event happened. This save was just about a 2 real life minutes before she died and while she was still on the acting career lot. My sim had a tombstone of herself in the family inventory when returning home.

What happens when the bug occurs? The living sim, who never died after the reload, has a tombstone. This tombstone can't be deleted nor can a spirit be released from it.

What do you expect to see? For the living sim not to have a tombstone.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Message 33 of 35 (512 Views)

Elder Sim having duplicate gravestones in household inventory? not dead in save

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PlayStation 5 Digital Edition
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Version 1.77
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have Seasons and City Living.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? If you let an elder sim die of old age on a community and quit, then go back to the autosave and let the elder sim die on the community lot, when you go back to a save where the sim hasn’t died yet (couple hours before) there’s 2 gravestones in the household inventory of that elder sim who hasn’t died yet??
What happens when the bug occurs? I have 2 gravestones of the elder sim that was supposed to die on the community lot, I went back to the other save from a couple hours before so he’s at his home lot and I see two gravestones for him in his inventory.
What do you expect to see? No gravestones in a household inventory when a sim hasn’t died yet.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I’m playing a legacy household and one of my sims (Romel Rosario-Walker) suddenly died whilst at the Spice Festival in San Myshuno, so I went straight to the main menu (without saving) because I wanted him to die at home with his family. (He died at 11:30pm?) So I went ahead and opened the autosave the game created, and this time he’s there at the same place, and instantly dies at around the same time again. By now I realised I made a mistake. 😭 So I went back to the main menu again without saving, and open up my previous save from way before his death - now I’m back at the time before I sent my sims out to the festival later that day, it was 8:35pm so I was fine. I go into my house and he’s there safe & sound, and not dead yet. I start preparing my graveyard for him and I realise that there’s something new in my household inventory. And lo and behold I see two graves for him 💀💀 and now I don’t know what to do and how this’ll impact my game, can I just delete the duplicate graves??

Message 34 of 35 (377 Views)

Re: Elder Sim having duplicate gravestones in household inventory? not dead in s

★ Novice

it’s fine now, i left that save without saving again, played another save that had nothing to do with it, then went back on the save - he ended up still dying as soon as the home lot loaded (earlier than expected) but at least the gravestones weren’t in the household inventory anymore.

Message 35 of 35 (321 Views)