by netcat0718

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Randomizing a sim from the gallery is not working

Hero
OK. Thank you for your feedback

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 61 of 71 (1,908 Views)

★★ Novice

I am also having this problem. I only have to base game no mods/cc or anything. This only started recently, though I don’t know exactly when. I can only get one sim over and over again it’s always the same sim. I tried reseting the game to factory settings using the method posted in this thread and same thing, same “random” sim too.

Message 62 of 71 (1,849 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Randomize From Gallery at Create-A-Sims is not working

★★★ Newbie
@netcat0718 I sure wish you'd post your sims on the gallery again. They were amazing.
Message 63 of 71 (1,767 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Thank you, but I'm allready back on the gallery ;-)  Origin-id = netcat0718

Message 64 of 71 (1,726 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I think I've found the problem. After this I was able to randomize from gallery. Is it coincidence? Or was it the latest patch that fixed it? I don't know, but is is worth trying I think.: https://www.laptopmag.com/articles/use-maximum-cpu-power-windows-10 So I Put the minimum CPU at 75%..that's all! 

Gr,

Conny

Message 65 of 71 (1,712 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I have the similar issue in cats. When I repeat the steps of the third picture, always the same cat appeared.

But after these few days of testing, this situation does not always happen for me after 7/20/2019, the button sometimes works fine, sometimes abnormal.....

Here are my pc environment:

1.Platform:PC [Windows 10]
2.Which language are you playing the game in?  Traditional Chinese 
3.How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%) 

4.What is your current game version number?  2019/7/16 - PC 1.53.115.1020 

5.What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except the island living and vampire.

6.Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.

[I only use two mods, one is no_mosaic, and the other is chaning NPC  traditional Chinese name to Western Chinese name]

7.Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes, I tried to use the ORIGIN to fix the games last night, but  it still the same issues.

Message 66 of 71 (1,687 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Rainbow66 
Just now I opened my game to test.

Each time I clicked the button to "randomize from gallery" a different Sim appeared.
I repeated the test with cats and also got different cats each time the button was clicked.

Even though they may not be causing a problem try removing (not disabling) mods / cc and delete the localthumbcache.package and any other cache files. **Make a copy of your saves to keep your current game safe.
Test the game to see if the issues are still there.
If this solves the problem you may want to leave and mods/cc out of your game until they are updated by the creator.

- EQ Avid Sims player
Troubleshooting tips
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/READ-FIRST-Troubleshooting-your-Game/m-p/3621199

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 67 of 71 (1,677 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@netcat0718 I'm sorry to say, but it didn't help at all, my solution was premature ...I only have about 12 different "random" sims and that's it. :-( Tried everything, emptied caches, removed mods , reset game, repared game etc. etc..nothing.
Message 68 of 71 (1,660 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@netcat0718 Now I only have 1 random sim from gallery :-( named: Kat Jenkins
Message 69 of 71 (1,109 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I am also having this issue. It's been happening for a few days now. Perhaps even longer, Also, sometimes I hit the randomize from gallery button and it doesn't work at all and just greys out.  Other times I just see the same 10 or so Sims.  This happens with and without mods in existing and new saves.  The regular random dice button works fine. I have no problems browsing and downloading from the gallery either.

What is interesting is I logged into my Origin account on another PC with a freshly downloaded Sims 4 install and it is happening there as well with the exact same set of sims I see from my own PC which makes me wonder if it is an account issue or something?

Message 70 of 71 (1,015 Views)