Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Random items, landscaping, terrain paint disappearing from build

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? up to date
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all except My First Pet Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I have a lot built in Sulani uploaded to the gallery (Sulani Paradise Spa), and you can try placing the lot and loading/exiting/loading the lot over the course of gameplay.
What happens when the bug occurs? Items are vanishing en masse from this build. I first noticed that some random items did not download with the lot when I placed it into other saves from the gallery, and now I'm noticing that when I go back to the lot in one of my saves, more and more items are vanishing. Some items that have vanished: chairs placed at tables, indoor plants, outdoor plants, and most oddly, all of my terrain paint seems to have vanished as well. No CC was used while building the lot, and I disabled CC while finishing and uploading the lot to the gallery. This started happening with no mods/CC enabled.
What do you expect to see? I build a lot, upload it to the gallery, and when place it in the world, it has all the items used in the build. Also I expect that items/terrain paint do not disappear between visits to the lot.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. This is the first ground-up build I've done in Island Living, and I haven't personally seen this phenomenon before.

As described, items are vanishing for no apparent reason from a spa I built in Sulani... Even terrain paint is missing. It's a large building with a fair number of items, but I've had large, complex builds before that haven't had this issue. I do use MOO, but some of the things that disappear were not placed with MOO (chairs at tables, for example... and the terrain paint). Really frustrating. I put a lot of time into this build. Devil

When placing the lot from the gallery, there seems to be a good chance that not all of the items will load, even though they are visible in the gallery preview. But it's stranger to me that every time I visit the lot, it seems that something new has vanished.

Message 1 of 20 (3,635 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Random items, landscaping, terrain paint disappearing from build

Hero

Terrain Paints now persist when placing a lot from the gallery.

Fixed in Patch 1.58.63

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 17 of 20 (3,956 Views)

All Replies

Champion

@PansekshuElle Sorry for the frustration. I can I ask a few questions, as I am trying to figure out if a different issue may be related. Do you see this happening on any other lots in your game in different worlds than Sulani since the patch? It is my understanding that the items disappearing when placed from the gallery and when re-loading your game and re-entering your lot, correct? Can I clarify if this is happening with only first floor and on-ground areas? Is it also happening on the second floor of the build and higher? Thank you!

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 2 of 20 (3,573 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

I've experienced this as have two builders that I follow, except it's just terrain paint disappearing on lots that are partially in the water in Sulani. I can reproduce this 100% of the time placing the following two builds that I've linked below:

First build: https://jenba.tumblr.com/post/185802552917/koloa-seaside-restaurant-slightly-elegant

And a note about the terrain paint going missing from the builder can be found here: https://jenba.tumblr.com/post/185802732117/forgot-to-mention-in-my-download-post-for-the

Second build: https://simsontherope.tumblr.com/post/185719369301/sims-4-paradis-flottant-obviously-i-couldnt

The post for the second build even states the terrain paint will not appear on placing the lot from the library.

Both of these builders are EA Game Changers, so they may have already forwarded this to QA through whatever channels that Game Changers have, but I thought it was important to share here anyway in case someone else has this problem.

Message 3 of 20 (3,558 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@manzana0807 I build a lot and I work very hard to make sure things are uploaded in a way that they will place properly. This weekend I was doing an experiment and placed a home I had made several days before the patch. I meticulously tested for placement, as always. I test on several lots and make sure every item is still intact on placement (without moo on) before I upload to the gallery. I thought I would mention it in this bug report, just in case the information is helpful. This test I did was in Newcrest. This is the build I tested. When placed on a different lot that was on a perpendicular street or the opposite side of the street it now places backward: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/8C954B93E6F011E98A9BFCF935A43D40

Message 4 of 20 (3,543 Views)

★★★ Guide

@SheriGR wrote:

@PansekshuElle Sorry for the frustration. I can I ask a few questions, as I am trying to figure out if a different issue may be related. Do you see this happening on any other lots in your game in different worlds than Sulani since the patch? It is my understanding that the items disappearing when placed from the gallery and when re-loading your game and re-entering your lot, correct? Can I clarify if this is happening with only first floor and on-ground areas? Is it also happening on the second floor of the build and higher? Thank you!

I’m not sure if it’s happening outside Sulani, but I will look into it. One thing I know is that mannequins I have in a gallery build for Windenbuurg are changing color when the lot is placed, but idk if that is related.

I have seen it happen on the ground level through third floor of the build. 

Items are disappearing from the original build as well as when this lot is placed from the gallery, and then more items are disappearing over time as I leave and return to the lot(s).

Thank you 

Message 5 of 20 (3,523 Views)

Champion

@PansekshuElle Wow. Builder's nightmare. Devil

Message 6 of 20 (3,518 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I'm an Xbox player. This is happening to me and it's a serious bug on consoles too. While building, my terrain paint will disappear, objects will randomly disappear I'll just happen to notice, and there's also an issue with trying to place items in building mode. My game will say "Can't intersect object" while trying to place chairs to tables and clutter on counters and desks. To be clear, it will tell me this for items that ARE meant to go in those spaces and have never told me "Can't interect object" before. Sometimes I'll try to place an item and it'll let me, and a lot of times it randomly won't and it's very frustrating. This is a recent thing and I don't know whether or not it appeared after the latest update. But I haven't loaded my game since because I can't build without having my progress undone or my house's furniture disappearing.

Message 7 of 20 (3,462 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Random items, landscaping, terrain paint disappearing from bui

★★★★★ Apprentice

I'm experiencing this with terrain paint disappearing and it's happened to me on a lot in Windenburg. I haven't noticed any disappearing items yet, but a couple hours terrain painting I did have completely disappeared. Very frustrating.

Only noticed this happening for me since the IL patch.

Message 8 of 20 (3,402 Views)

Betreff: [NEEDS INPUT] Random items, landscaping, terrain paint disappearing fro

★★ Guide

This has happened to me several times, although only with terrain paint (fortunately), and I always thought I simply forgot to save. Good to know it's a bug. Very frustrating indeed, though. 😕

Message 9 of 20 (3,368 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Random items, landscaping, terrain paint disappearing from bui

★★★ Guide

Are we getting anywhere on this? It's still ruining all of my builds, and I'm pretty miserable about it. Frown

First image is original build, second is after placing from the gallery.

07-11-19_9-44-29 PM.png

07-11-19_9-42-19 PM.png

Message 10 of 20 (3,341 Views)