Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [IL] Random households spawn only a single child

by rdorka347

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Random households spawn only a single child

★★★★★ Apprentice

I don't have Island Living, but my game is currently being overrun by parentless children, about 1/3 households that game has generated during last few days are a single child living alone.

Message 11 of 26 (1,368 Views)

Champion (Retired)

I am seeing this as well. I gathered the stray children and placed them in a household with an adult.
I am going to keep watch to see if more single child households appear.
Kids Alone
Game Version 1.52.100.1020
Never used mods or CC

All content thru Island Living installed.

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 12 of 26 (1,338 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

Those look like the children that my game spawned alone: all with the Island Living names and mostly wearing Island Living clothes.

Message 13 of 26 (1,323 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Single child sim households happen on PS4. Seems like they spawn as random scout walkbys. We don't have island living on PS4 either. 

Message 14 of 26 (1,301 Views)

★★★ Guide
I also put 7 of the children in a household with an adult. The game still created more, I'm guessing for the Sulani Family fun since it was Sunday. Which means I need to place those children in with another adult.

There should be plenty of kids, randomly generated AND premade, so the game shouldn't have to create any more? I find it somewhat upsetting, really.
Message 15 of 26 (1,246 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I don't have Island living, but I experience the same issue.. First I thought that it was because off a modd, but I tested it and it came up without mods too.

Message 16 of 26 (1,226 Views)

★ Apprentice

I've just noticed it too. I'm living in NewCrest and I had 2 childs settled alone in house. I also had a lot of household of only one child. I didn't knew it was a thing so I erased them.

Message 17 of 26 (1,190 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I've had this happen in Outdoor Retreat long before Island Living came out. Single child households generate whenever my Sims take a vacation to Granite Falls, these children are seen as walk-bys in the area.

Message 18 of 26 (1,153 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@AgnesXX92 I've seen this as well and thought it was done because of walk-bys or travelling to a park or such venue. First time I saw one in a house, I theorized that his parents just died. I'm like, that's sad, and thought about getting the family I was playing to befriend the child. :D
Message 19 of 26 (1,134 Views)

★ Guide

So far, it has only happened once.

Message 20 of 26 (1,113 Views)