Original Post

Accepted Solution

[BY DESIGN] Random generated sims not using skin detail category items

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.63
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to CAS and press the randomize button at the bottom of the screen or play the game until it generates new random townie sims.
What happens when the bug occurs? The game never uses anything from "Skin Details" category (both Live mode and in CAS) I had custom skins/eyelashes and some nails in this category before (in version 1.54.120) and it worked fine. Tried this with and without mods with same results.
What do you expect to see? Skin Detail category items to be applied to sims like they used to.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Installed the 1.58.63 patch.

Tried to reinstall and repair the game too but this issue persists. The game seems to simply ignore the Skin Detail category completely when creating new random sims.

Message 1 of 16 (3,478 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] Random generated sims not using skin detail category items

Community Manager (retired)

Skin details (such as freckles and moles) have never been applied to randomized Sims from what I can find. I went back to a pre-EP07 version of the game (the April 2019 patch) and randomized some Sims a few dozen times and never saw any skin details get applied. I also confirmed with our CAS Producer who agrees it's never worked this way. I suspect the issue being reported is CC-specific? 

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

View in thread

Message 13 of 16 (2,678 Views)

All Replies

Re: Random generated sims not using skin detail category items

Hero
@JKK_Xtreme Is the Sim any kind of occult ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 16 (3,440 Views)

★ Apprentice

Nope, all sims are affected by this, occults and regular.

Message 3 of 16 (3,438 Views)

Hero
@JKK_Xtreme Tried this, got several sims with moles and freckles as well as other skin details.

You said it's the custom ones that you don't get but since you said you tested without mods, you are also not getting any game ones ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 16 (3,404 Views)

★ Apprentice

Yeah, they are never applied to any of the newly generated sims not even the games own ones. I will try another game repair and start a new game to see if it resolves it.

Message 5 of 16 (3,401 Views)

★ Apprentice

Repairing the game had no effect, the issue remains and Skin Details aren't being applied to newly generated sims. Checked 16 generated families and none of them had skin details applied.

Message 6 of 16 (3,383 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@JKK_Xtreme what if you only randomize face ?

EDIT: Never mind, I screwed up.

Seems I pressed the randomize from gallery button.

I'll handle this one tomorrow. Need to call it a night

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 16 (3,381 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

@crinrict any news about this issue? I also have it and it's a big problem for me.

Message 8 of 16 (3,297 Views)

Hero
@demon25970 I don't have information on what gets fixed when.

It's not a very popular issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 16 (3,276 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict Thank you for the quick response. Believe me, for some users this issue is very critical. I hope EA can fix in the nearest future.
Message 10 of 16 (3,251 Views)