[FIXED] Random Sims as Father Winter

by krikkitbot

Original Post

Re: [TO TEST] [S] Winterfest generated new Father Winter (Clement Frost still th

★ Apprentice
I had this, also. I was unsure if it was always Clement Frost, or the game generates a new one each Winterfest as this was my second one in this save. Most recently I got a guy with a pink beard named Damon as Father Winter.
Message 21 of 46 (6,641 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] [S] Winterfest generated new Father Winter (Clement Frost still th

★★ Apprentice

How do I use career cheats to give him back the job as Father Winter?  Thank you! 

Message 22 of 46 (6,558 Views)

Re: [UNSURE] Random Sims as Father Winter

★★★★★ Apprentice

Clement Frost was only Father Winter for my first winterfest also. He is still around and on my sim's contact list, but he has been replaced by a sim named Nikolas Salinas. Nikolas has now filled the Father Winter role for two winterfests, so it is not changing every season. That may support the idea that Clement just retired.

Incidentally in a forum thread someone posted a picture of their second Father Winter and he looked pretty much exactly like Nikolas, but had a different name.

I did once see Clement walk through a community lot in his Father Winter outfit in summer, but it was between the first two winterfests so I can't say if he still had the job at that point.

Message 23 of 46 (6,533 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Random Sims as Father Winter

★ Guide

Brand new save since the Feb 2019 patch, Father Winter did not show up for the first Winterfest (save started in Winter, with the holiday left as default) but Clement Frost was later seen hanging out at the Humour & Hijinx Festival the following Summer. In his full robes.

Second Winterfest & there's some random sim as Father Winter - Cordell Briggs - though he's at least shown up.

No mods or CC.

Message 24 of 46 (6,506 Views)

Re: [UNSURE] Random Sims as Father Winter

★★★★★ Apprentice

Yesterday I played through winterfest in a different household in the same saved game, and Clement Frost showed up as Father Winter. I checked back in on the other household and everyone who had a relationship with their new Father Winter, Nikolas, still showed him as having the career of Father Winter. So... apparently we have two in this neighborhood now?

Message 25 of 46 (6,493 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Random Sims as Father Winter

★ Guide

Clement Frost was NOT my first Father Winter, although Father Winter appears in households not in world. It was a guy named Luciano Dowell. That was his name when he showed up dressed as Father Winter. He disappeared after all the present-giving, and when my Sims went to sleep the 3x clock didn't automatically start when they went to bed. I clicked it manually, and it didn't go as fast, as though someone were still around the lot. The next day, after the family left for work and school, again the clock stayed on 1x play and the computer was on with a video game playing. I quit the game and closed Origin and came back and Luciano Dowell was in the house, dressed in a sport coat. There was no option to ask him to leave once the family got home. I had to have a Sim travel to another lot with him and leave him there. He's still in my contact list, but NOT listed in households in or out of world. There is no Clement Frost in households at all.

Message 26 of 46 (6,487 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Random Sims as Father Winter

★★ Guide
Same here. Never touched him and he's in unplayed households now. And another random sim is father winter.
Message 27 of 46 (6,427 Views)

★★ Guide

Anyone know of any fix for this?

Message 28 of 46 (6,394 Views)

Champion

@SisterGloomy wrote:

Anyone know of any fix for this?

I don't know if you can assign jobs to sims using mods like MCCC, but to do it manually requires a complex set of cheat commands.

1. Load up any sim and pause the game

2. Open the cheat console with shift+control+c

3. Type testingcheats on

4. Type sims.get_sim_id_by_name Clement Frost

This should display an ID number for Clement Frost

5. Type sims.summon_sim_to_zone [Clement Frost's ID number]

Don't use the brackets - it should look like: sims.summon_sim_to_zone 123456789. If you did it correct, Clement Frost should appear on the lot.

6. Type traits.equip_trait trait_HolidayTradition_FatherWinter [Clement Frost's ID number]

7. Type careers.add_career career_adult_NPC_FatherWinter [Clement Frost's ID number]

This should assign the job of Father Winter to Clement Frost.

8. Type testingcheats off

9. Save the game and exit back to Manage Worlds, then delete any other Father Winters the game made from the world if you only want Clement Frost to be the only Father Winter.

Message 29 of 46 (6,387 Views)

★★ Guide

Thanks, didn't have to delete the random sim btw, Clement was father winter again when I did a test event.

Message 30 of 46 (6,378 Views)