[FIXED] Random Sims as Father Winter

by krikkitbot

Original Post

Re: Game summoned a new Father Winter and...

Hero

I assume Clement Frost is still in one of your households ?

There's this but they all deleted the original one: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/UNSURE-Random-Sims-as-Father-Winter/m-p/7007871

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 46 (1,206 Views)

★ Guide

Yes, Clement Frost is still in my households, but he is unplayed, as he has been since I installed seasons. 

—T

Message 12 of 46 (1,197 Views)

★ Guide
I have not deleted my original one and still have this issue.

—T
Message 13 of 46 (1,179 Views)

Hero
Understood.

Put it on list to test if I can duplicate for now (list is getting long Wink)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 46 (1,171 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] [S] Winterfest generated new Father Winter (Clement Frost still th

Champion
Father Winter is considered by the game to be an NPC job and sometimes I've seen after a while elder NPCs will auto-retire and be replaced.

Clement Frost is the default Father Winter, but that doesn't mean he'll stay that way forever. And a replacement works for the holiday events just fine.

On top of this, there are certain service NPC jobs that you should never try to move into a house, because if you do, they will automatically lose the job. This includes things like the mailman - I kept wondering why my game kept making new mailmen until I realised I'd moved the old one into a house and they lost their job. I'm guessing Father Winter is the same way.

If you want Clement Frost to be Father Winter, then you can use career cheats to give him back the job, but otherwise I don't see any bug here, just normal game behaviour I've seen in my game all the time.
Message 15 of 46 (1,164 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] [S] Winterfest generated new Father Winter (Clement Frost still th

Hero
But he didn't move him in. He's saying that his in the unplayed households. So why not use Clement Frost if there's one ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 16 of 46 (1,162 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

I said it in the first line - perhaps he auto-retired. I play only one saved game that has been running for several hundred sim weeks and any unplayed sim in the other households tab is open to be auto-retired from their job and be returned to the unemployed pool of sims. (It even says something similar to this in the tooltip if you hover the mouse over the "Other Households" tab).

For example I knew an elder townie lady who was at the top level of Secret Agent, then one day she was unemployed when I asked her about her career. Same with a bunch of other townies in various jobs - like painter, journalist, etc. and various ages (the journalist who lost their job was a young adult).

While modding career files, I did notice that there's a line that controls whether NPCs can quit or retire on their own - and realised there is basic story progression for this kind of thing in the base game.

EDIT TO ADD: I moved Clement Frost into the My Households protected tab and so far he's still Father Winter after three winterfests. Sims in the protected tab shouldn't lose their jobs.

Message 17 of 46 (1,156 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Still think this shouldn't happen for Father Winter if you don't delete him like in the other thread.

But at the end of the day, don't know.

I've personally only played one save with more than one visit and got him on both of those.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 18 of 46 (1,153 Views)

Hero

I merge the threads.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 19 of 46 (1,118 Views)

★ Guide
Thanks

—T
Message 20 of 46 (1,104 Views)