[OPEN] Railings Clipping Through Walls/Windows (Patch 1.63.136)

by haako40

Original Post

[OPEN] Railings Clipping Through Walls/Windows (Patch 1.63.136)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All current expansions, all game packs, Tiny Living Stuff, Laundry Stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff, Bowling Night Stuff, Vintage Glamour Stuff, Backyard Stuff, Kids Room Stuff, Romantic Garden Stuff, Spooky Stuff, Fitness Stuff, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Moschino Stuff, and all free updates.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Build the Old School Railing and adjust zoom distance
What happens when the bug occurs? The Old School Railing (and possibly others) will clip through the wall
What do you expect to see? The railing should not be visible.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

There seems to be an issue with certain railings and wall clipping again. I know that it was supposedly fixed in a prior patch, but it appears to be back. I notice it most with the Old School Railing from Strangerville, but it is possibly happening with others (the one from Jungle Adventure used to, but I am not sure if it still does).

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 20 (5,408 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Railings Clipping Through Walls (Patch 1.63.136)

★★ Apprentice

I have the same problem. The jungle adventure railings show up through the wall. 

Message 2 of 20 (5,193 Views)

★★ Novice

This problem happens with me as well. Of the packs I have installed, the Strangerville (Old School Railing) stair rail and Jungle Adventure (Salvadorian Wood Railing) stair rails clip through the wall. All other railings clip through the window but not the wall. Makes me wonder if those two railings (and possibly others from packs I don't own) are using the same mesh or have some other similarities that the others don't share (but like I'm not a game artist so just a guess)

Product: The Sims 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.69.57.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Discover University, Seasons, Get Together, City Living, Dine Out, Jungle Adventure, Realm of Magic, Vampires, Strangerville, Tiny Living, Laundry Day, Movie Hangout, Vintage Glamour, Cool Kitchen, Moschino, Nifty Knitting, Free Holiday pack.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1) build a wall and add a window 2) place a staircase against the wall 3) place either the Old School Railing or the Salvadorian Wood Railing 4) observe clipping into wall and window.
What happens when the bug occurs? The stair railing clips through the wall and window
What do you expect to see? The railing should not be visible.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Mods disabled due to update and not turned back on
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? When I first purchased Jungle Adventure about a month ago I noticed it and again observed today after purchasing Strangerville. But I don't know if this is tied to any of the recent patches.

Message 3 of 20 (5,028 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

In my opinion, the railing on the side where the wall is, should completely disappear as there’s no need for it. This should also include the parts that stick up above the floor upstairs. It would be even more fancy if the railing on the wall side could turn into a handrail💡as handrails often are a natural part of a staircase.

Message 4 of 20 (5,015 Views)

★ Guide

I think when you apply a railing to the stairs, it's always there but it gets buried in the wall so you don't see it, thats why you can see it again when the wall ends or when a window makes a cutout in the wall.  Ideally I'd like it if we could apply the railings one side at a time.

Message 5 of 20 (5,011 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

It happened to me with the Snowy Escape railing too. The landing and the stair rail clips through the window and the wall

Message 6 of 20 (4,962 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Railings Clipping Through Walls (Patch 1.63.136)

★★★ Newbie

This is happening to me too, no matter what I do the railing is popping out through the wall and it's pretty crappy. No CC installed - newest patch downloaded and applied. 

Message 7 of 20 (4,767 Views)

Courtyard Oasis Stair rail showing through wall.

★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.74.59.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All, except Batuu
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Add new stair rail from Courtyard Oasis Kit, 'Saharan Star Railing'
What happens when the bug occurs? The stair rail shows through the wall.
What do you expect to see? No stair rail showing through the wall.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The Saharan Star Railing is wider than the wall.

Railing through the wall

Message 8 of 20 (4,408 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Railings Clipping Through Walls (Patch 1.63.136)

★★★★★ Novice

Mine is also happening with the Salvadorian (Jungle Adventure) railing.

Message 9 of 20 (4,331 Views)

Re: Courtyard Oasis Stair rail showing through wall.

★★★★ Novice

this is also happening to me!

Message 10 of 20 (4,235 Views)