Original Post

Accepted Solution

[BY DESIGN] [ROM] Wand and Broom Collection completes with empty slots

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Nederlands
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.55.108.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All Packs, NO CC , NO Mods in my game
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to the collectibles panel after you've collected several magical artefacts
What happens when the bug occurs? The Magical Artefacts collectibles tab shows there are 26 artefacts to collect (see screen 1), but there are 56 thumbnails (of which 30 double, just different color options). When filled with all the artefacts (some via Debug) there are 55 thumbnails filled, 1 empty (number 28) while the game says I fulfilled the collection. The tab now shows 26 + 29 collectibles (= 55) are needed. (see screen 2)
What do you expect to see? 26 thumbnails without double thumbnails and no empty thumbnail(s) when collection is complete.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. After installing Realm of Magic

See message aboveScreen 1 Magische Artefacten ook FOUT 1.PNGScreen 2 Magische Artefacten FOUT 1.PNG

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 21 (8,694 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [ROM] Wand and Broom Collection has unavailable recolors

Community Manager (retired)

I'm being told this is by design, all wand and broom variants are shown in the collection, totaling 50ish items. However, we made the collection complete as long as you had one of each type, you do not need to collect all the variants. If there are variants that you just can't find, it'd be much appreciated if you could share a save file with me, you can DM me the link to your save, thanks so much!

Instructions for sending me a save: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

View in thread

Message 5 of 21 (7,189 Views)

All Replies

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [ROM] BuyDebug Collectibles showing in Household Collection

★ Pro

I don't know if this is a bug, an oversight or intentional but it's weird. The IL and RoM collections seem plumped up with repeats. Same item different colors. It definitely needs some sorting out.

I haven't played with RoM enough yet to read all the descriptions, but in IL the treasure descriptions seem intended to tell a "story," but it's made tedious by too much repetition.

Very disappointing.

Message 2 of 21 (8,570 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [ROM] BuyDebug Collectibles showing in Household Collection

★ Guide

As from the 27th object the descriptions are the same as the same objects in the first 27. :-(

Message 3 of 21 (8,550 Views)

Hero (Retired)

This issue is present on PS4. I was very confused why the collection says 26, but then there are a lot of other wands and brooms in there. 

Message 4 of 21 (5,359 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

I'm being told this is by design, all wand and broom variants are shown in the collection, totaling 50ish items. However, we made the collection complete as long as you had one of each type, you do not need to collect all the variants. If there are variants that you just can't find, it'd be much appreciated if you could share a save file with me, you can DM me the link to your save, thanks so much!

Instructions for sending me a save: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 5 of 21 (7,190 Views)

Hero

I did some splitting on this thread

Please use this thread if you are unable to get the actual recolors: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-SAVES-ROM-Unable-to-purchase-or-win-wand-recolours/m-p/8...

This thread is about the collection itself

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 21 (4,441 Views)

★ Apprentice
@SimGuruNick How do you not get that there are missing wands that can't be found? Why has no one fixed it? It doesn't matter if I win the plaque, I want every vacant box filled. There are 11 vacant boxes for the wand recolors. What do you need from me to fix it?
Message 7 of 21 (4,408 Views)

Hero
@Mushi53 Please keep to the other thread for missing colors. This issue is by design.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 8 of 21 (4,393 Views)

★ Apprentice

What does that mean, "by design"?  You purposely designed the realm of magic collectibles to never have 11 more wands?  You just created 11 empty boxes that can't get filled in the collectibles section?  I'm confused.  And what thread should I be on to talk about this?  Can you give me a link?

(Also, please don't do that thing where you can passive aggressively block me from a conversation.  I genuinely want to get to the bottom of this mystery and would be happy to help you.  Practically the only reason I play Sims now is for the collectibles section.  It's great mindless play while I listen to podcasts/docs/whatever.)

Message 9 of 21 (4,383 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Mushi53 Please read Nicks post above.

This is the thread you're looking for: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-SAVES-ROM-Unable-to-purchase-or-win-wand-recolours/m-p/8... (as linked above already). I already moved your other post over there (and you already posted there as well)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 21 (4,374 Views)