No Occult Eyes and Ears for Half Spellcaster Offspring?

by Sentinel_VX

Original Post

Re: Spellcaster Eyes Still Missing

★★★ Apprentice

I feel like I am going a little crazy, reading these answers because... they clearly *ARE* still available to be chosen in my GUI. They just are not available to sims who were the results of live mode pregnancies.  They are available for EVERYONE ELSE. Or am I still misunderstanding what you are saying?

Message 11 of 20 (1,491 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@raiface The ones on your picture are vampire eyes, not spellcaster eyes

So your problem is about vampire eyes ?

If you look at the pictures of the thread I linked you can see what the spellcaster eyes looked like

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 20 (1,451 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Ahhhh. Now I understand the disconnect. Yes then, my problem is with vampire eyes... that are being used BY spellcasters.  

I have only just started playing with ROM, so I think I must have never seen specific spellcaster eyes before and didn’t know the difference. Thank you for clarifying.

Message 13 of 20 (1,429 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@raiface There's a thread here for the vampire eyes changing to humans on children/toddlers: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TO-ADD-V-Vampire-eyes-changing-to-human-colors-on-children/td-...

I merged your post with the occult features missing for born spell casters

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 20 (1,402 Views)

No Occult Eyes and Ears for Half Spellcaster Offspring?

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.69.59.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a child with one normal parent and one spellcaster sim.
What happens when the bug occurs? The child won't have the occult eyes and ears that can be selected from CAS.
What do you expect to see? Have the occult eyes and ears selection just like when creating a spellcaster sim from scratch.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

The child in my game inherited the eye and hair color from the normal dad side while not inheriting any of the occult eyes or ears from the mom spellcaster side.

I'm not sure if this is intended for half spellcaster offspring though.

Also the child was born as spellcaster, but no occult eyes or ears selection when edited through manage world.

EDITED: The child also doesn't have the occult eyes or ears selection after growing into a teen as you can see from the attached screenshot.

EDITED2: The child also still doesn't have the selections after growing up into a young adult.

Message 15 of 20 (1,355 Views)

Re: No Occult Eyes and Ears for Half Spellcaster Offspring?

Hero
@Sentinel_VX There's so many different issues with eyes and ears now that I'm loosing track

Is this what you're seeing: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-ROM-V-Born-Spellcasters-don-t-have-Occult-Face/td-... ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 16 of 20 (1,326 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@crinrict It probably affects any spellcaster offspring not just the half one then.

It's possible that it's the same bug, but I haven't tested it with both spellcaster parents as I don't usually create offspring with my sims family that often.

Message 17 of 20 (1,315 Views)

Spellcaster CAS items missing

★★ Apprentice

I have a young adult spell caster with the weak bloodline trait, and I can’t add the pointed ears or glowing eyes to her even using cas.fulleditmode or by editing her household from manage households. Is there any way to add them to her? 

Message 18 of 20 (1,320 Views)

★ Guide

I found that there is a "fix" to gain the occult eyes and ears selection by getting the rite of dissolution when the child reach teen then use the rite of ascension to restore the spellcaster status.

However it shouldn't be like this in the first place as you have to wait for 24 hours for the rite of ascension after the rite of dissolution.

I do still think this bug needs to be addressed.

Message 19 of 20 (1,297 Views)

★ Guide

It is possible for spellcasters born in game to roll at least occult eyes (if not also the ears) inherited from the parents (I gave both parents vampire occult eyes to have this happen). However, when you put that sim into CAS the occult eye colour options still don't show up, despite one being selected. 

Message 20 of 20 (1,232 Views)