Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [ROM] [V] Born Spellcasters don't have Occult Face customizati

by AzzureRain

Original Post

[OPEN] [ROM] [V] Born Spellcasters don't have Occult Face customization

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.55.105.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All, except: Parenthood, Moschino Stuff, My First Pet Stuff, Laundry Day Stuff, Backyard Stuff, Kids Room Stuff, Cool Kitchen Stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? The bug occurs with Spellcaster sims that were born as occults instead of created or turned into one. So one has to birth a Spellcaster sim and try editing them.
What happens when the bug occurs? Born Spellcaster Sims don't have access to any occult options in CAS, neither in "Change SIm" or "Full edit mode". No special eyes or vampire facial features.
What do you expect to see? The appropriate facial details being available to created spellcasters also being availabe to born ones.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Installing Realm of Magic.

See provided screenshots. No occult eyees or facial details are available to choose from.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 20 (5,894 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [ROM] [V] Born Spellcasters don't have Occult Face customizati

Hero
@PoPoWaWaMeiMei Looking at other occult, I think it's actually a bug that new Sims have the option. Humans don't have those and since spellcasters only have a human form, they shouldn't have the option for the vampire teeth or scars

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 20 (5,777 Views)

★ Apprentice

Except vampires, mermaids, can add these feature to their "human" form too. Spellcasters are an occult. One clear evidence of it being a bug is ancient bloodline heritage trait gives them pointed ears but if you try to adjusts them it pop into a random form. 

Message 3 of 20 (5,753 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I don't think so, but even if the vampire customisation were just a bug, they should definitely have access to spellcaster eyes. 

The eyes do not even show up as an option for born spellcasters, unlike when creating a new one. (Ignoring the fact that the eyes are bugged themselves currently)

Message 4 of 20 (5,740 Views)

Hero
@AzzureRain It's completely inconsistent though. Some things work in Edit CAS and not when you create a new one, others not working on when it's an ingame born one.

Vampire scars are available but not the categories that are for vamps .. so I really don't know how it's supposed to be.

So there's def a bug somewhere but I can't say what the bug is. All I'm saying.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 20 (5,720 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I absolutely agree wih you there, it's hard to tell just what is supposed to be the unbugged behaviour, just that something is wrong.

Message 6 of 20 (5,706 Views)

Spellcaster Eyes Still Missing

★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.65.70.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All Expansion Packs, All Game Packs, Tiny Living, Moschino, Laundry, Vintage Glamour, Kids Room, Romantic Garden, Movie Hangout, Perfect Patio, Holiday Celebtation
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to edit any sim's eyes who hasn't been created in CAS.
What happens when the bug occurs? Spellcaster eyes are not available in CAS to select for sims who were born, rather than created in CAS. Also toddlers who inherited spellcaster eyes may lose them under varied circumstances.
What do you expect to see? Eye colors not to spontaneously change and be available in fulleditmode for non-CAS created sims.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I have a family in which I have a spellcaster I created in CAS, as well as a pre-generated spellcaster (Morgyn Ember) and both of them have spellcaster eyes available to them in fulleditmode in CAS.  However, the several children and other adult who are all spellcasters who were BORN  through gameplay do not. Even when the sim in question has inherited the spellcaster eyes from their parent -- some other color swatch will be selected in CAS.

Additionally, I have had three children inherit the spellcaster eyes: one lost them upon aging up to child.  One child still has them. The third seems to have lost them when one of the adults travelled to another lot, or possibly when I changed her clothes in CAS? Unclear. I didn't notice they were changed until I reloaded their home lot after traveling to the magic realm. 

Message 7 of 20 (4,552 Views)

Re: Spellcaster Eyes Still Missing

Hero
@raiface They were removed cause they glitched out.

See more info in this thread (newer posts). https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-ROM-Spellcaster-eyes-not-working-properly/td-p/818...

Also merged your post with another post on this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 20 (4,510 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Please clarify "removed"? Because they clearly still exist in the game. And even exist for toddlers and children... and function as expected for such children but only if they were created in CAS as toddlers or children. 

Its only "natural-born" toddlers and kids who lose their eyes if they change clothes, so far as my testing has concluded.  If your occult-eyed kid makes it to teen, then no amount of changing clothes will make them lose their eyes... but the swatches will still not be available to choose from. I have done much more extensive tests since my previous post. 

Message 9 of 20 (4,457 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@raiface They were removed from the GUI to be chosen from as they were causing issues. I don't know the exact details but it's normal that you don't have them showing up in CAS.

The thread above explains it a bit more but there was never an official statement.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 20 (4,422 Views)