[OPEN] [ROM] Unable to purchase or win wand recolours

by missdeefying

Original Post

Re: Unable to purchase or win wand recolours

★ Guide

The original report (collection completing with only one colour each) was by design, but the threads that have since been merged here were NOT by design - ie. the extra collection items being inaccessible through shops/duels. Being unable to purchase or win wand recolours - only being able to access them with cheats - is a bug.

Message 21 of 51 (1,533 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@eloquentmydear As said; i will discuss with a CM what they want to do. As it's the weekend, it may take some time.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 22 of 51 (1,531 Views)

★ Guide
Thanks, appreciate it Standard smile
Message 23 of 51 (1,523 Views)

★ Guide

Thanks for keeping this bug topic active. I have a Sim who has completed every collection including the extras with the exception of these wand variants. I thought he was just extremely unlucky at buying them or winning them so I was happy to see it wasn't just me and that hopefully this can be fixed. 

Message 24 of 51 (1,484 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [ROM] Unable to purchase or win wand recolours

Community Manager (retired)

Could anyone experiencing this issue possibly share a save file with me where you've seen it occurring? You can DM me the link to your save, thanks so much!

Instructions for sharing your save: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 25 of 51 (1,411 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [ROM] Wand and Broom Collection has unavailable recolors

★ Apprentice

Why have you still not fixed the problem.  One of the biggest reasons I play Sims 4 is to mindlessly collect all the collectibles.  There are still 11 wands (the recolors) that I cannot collect.  COME ON, GUYS!  Please, fix it.

Message 26 of 51 (1,390 Views)

★ Apprentice

It's been two years.  Why haven't you guys fixed the bug with the missing wand recolors?  What's going on?

Message 27 of 51 (1,349 Views)

★ Apprentice

Yes, this is definitely still a problem and has been since the launch of the pack. I too went in to buydebug and was able to see all 20 wands, so I know they exist, but after hours an hours of playing specifically to get the wands and the brooms, I cannot get the 10 wands that have been referenced over and over in these comments.  I also I think it’s strange that we would be having such issues finding the wand recolors when 5 of the ones that we have not been able to find are considered to be common items.  We should have been able to find them by now.

I understand what is being said in regards to the collection being marked as completed by design. We have seen this with other collections where you only need to get a certain base number and not every single one for the collection to be marked as completed. The difference between the magical artifacts collection and the others is that no matter how hard we seem to try, we cannot collect those last 10 wands.  Therefore, we cannot fully complete the collection.

I see that others have shared their game files in other threads that have been closed and merged, but I would be happy to share mine if still needed.  I have taken pictures of the collection so that you can see the ones we cannot find in game play. 

Message 28 of 51 (1,260 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I just discovered this issue today as I haven't paid much attention to the collection.  I completed the collection as designed which is fine but I have not found any of the recolors of the 10 wands.  They are in debug but I would much rather collect them through gameplay.  It seems like they just weren't categorized to randomly show up at the store or during duels, etc.  An oversight, but one that should have been corrected long ago.

Message 29 of 51 (1,234 Views)

★ Apprentice

@rlc77Yes, that is exactly what I experienced.  I was able to go into buydebug to verify that the 10 recolors actually exist in the game.  I purchased them as well and they fully completed my collection.  I exited without saving because, like you, I do not want to cheat to get them.  So yes, I am thinking the same thing - somehow the game code/script does not include these 10 recolors in neither what you get as a result of winning a duel nor what randomly comes up for purchase at the store in the magic realm.  Hopefully this can get some attention soon. 

Message 30 of 51 (1,226 Views)