Re: Spellcaster sim has weird second form in gallery?

by crinrict

Original Post

[OPEN] [ROM] Spellcaster sim has weird second form in gallery

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? Up to date
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all except the guitar one
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a spell-caster baby with an ancient bloodline (started from second generation onward)
What happens when the bug occurs? The Occult sim has a second form but it can't be adjusted because they're not meant to have one.
What do you expect to see? Not a second form
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I've had this problem long before i downloads any mods, and all the mods i have are to correct bugs with game play eg; better hospital staff when playing get to work. Or excessive baking with Eco lifestyle. Every other generation (i'm about 10 generations in now) is born with a weird second form like mermaids or vampires except its from toddler-hood and cannot be adjusted. I found an old thread from September but the problem was apparently fixed before i even downloaded the game so i don't know why I'm having this issue. 

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 17 (3,160 Views)

Hero
@AshNuts Could you upload the Sim to the gallery

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 17 (3,141 Views)

★★★★ Pro

I have seen the same thing with two spellcasters I've just uploaded to the gallery, I even noted it when I shared them.  Not only that, some of the items being shown as used I don't remember using but I can see some in the picture of the ‘alternate form’

https://tinyurl.com/y37rm2yq 

Both were born in game, Alice has the ancient bloodline trait:

Celeste has a weak bloodline trait:

Best regards,

Jennifer

Message 3 of 17 (3,112 Views)
Highlighted

Hero
@MapleSimmer Does it have any negative impact while playing them ?

Why do they only have two traits ? Was that always the case ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 17 (3,095 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@crinrict  There is no impact on gameplay, at least not in my own game, but I’m not playing the version I uploaded to the gallery, but I wouldn’t expect it would have an impact. The two sims are teens, that’s why they only have two traits. 😊

Best regards,

Jennifer

Message 5 of 17 (3,090 Views)

Hero
@MapleSimmer dah

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 17 (3,084 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [ROM] Spellcaster sim has weird second form in gallery

Hero (Retired)

I see this on PS5, but only with Teen Spellcasters. The Children and Toddler Spellcasters did not have the second form. My spellcaster Teen however aged up with a second form that looked like it should be his main form, since he lost his special eyecolor on age up to teen. You can see his correct eye color on the alternate form.

The Sims™ 4_20201212153921.jpg

Message 7 of 17 (3,042 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

I just noticed this and it kind of freaked me out.  I thought, "who is that other sim??"  I split this character from a household and was just about to save him to my gallery for a new game.  Weird.
SimDouble.png

Update: I was curious if the other members of the household would have doubles, so I went back and attempted to save the whole family.  Only the above character showed the weird double.
SimDoubleFamily.png

@AshNuts If you have photos like these you want to share, you can either use the insert image button in the toolbar...

InsertPicture.png

or attach them by clicking the "choose file" button below the text box.
AttachPicture.png

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Please help other players:
Add XP to posts you think are helpful.
Click Accept As Solution for posts that resolve your issue.
Happy Simming!

Message 8 of 17 (2,974 Views)

★★★ Novice

I've uploaded him with the tag #AnswersHQ

I couldn't figure out how to upload a picture of the problem like the ones bellow. They all seem to be having the same problem as me though 

Message 9 of 17 (2,967 Views)

★★★ Novice
@JonaO703 my game/laptop won't let me screenshot when I've got the gallary page open? I don't know if I'm just being stupid though
Message 10 of 17 (2,944 Views)