by crinrict

Original Post

[OPEN] [ROM] Spellcaster's pointed ears not showing up in Live Mode

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Dansk
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.69.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All the ones released as of 28/11/2019
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? By making a Spellcaster with pointed ears in CAS and have said ears not show up in Live Mode.
What happens when the bug occurs? Spellcaster's pointed ears show up in CAS, but not in Live Mode.
What do you expect to see? The features I give to my sims in CAS should show up in Live Mode.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Started happening after I installed Discover University, after patch 1.58.63.1010.

Before installing Discover University, I had made a Spellcaster with pointed ears. Her ears were visible both in CAS and Live Mode. After DU, the pointiness of her ears has disappeared in-game. They still show up in CAS, though. I tried taking out my Mods folder, create a new save and a new Spellcaster with pointed ears, and they still didn't show up in Live Mode. 

I've attached a screenshot from CAS and Live Mode. 

Message 1 of 18 (6,465 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Spellcaster's pointed ears not showing up in Live Mode

[ Edited ]
Hero

@SilleDahl For me pointy ears are only available for Vamps in CAS.

If you create a new Sim, do you have the option to add them (no mods)

There was this bug that they fixed: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-V-Random-Sims-have-pointy-ears/m-p/6083363

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 18 (6,413 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Can confirm that my spellcaster "elves" have lost their pointed ears in Live Mode yet still keep them in CAS:

They were originally normal Sims that I gave the pointed ears to through an unlock mod that when I removed it after, they would keep the pointed ears both in-game and in CAS. This "fix" seems to no longer make this the case and I would prefer that they would keep them on in Live Mode, because I *chose* to place it on them.

Also on a point of note, something I also didn't even realise that a separate spellcaster I didn't know had pointy ears also no longer has them, but what is the important part here is that he has a vampiric brother and they inherited both pointed ears. So it is possible that the new issue with the vampire ears is that they also no longer transfer correctly through Sim genetics now either. His vampire brother did however keep his ears in his normal form.

Message 3 of 18 (6,362 Views)

★ Guide

I also have spellcasters who have pointy ears in CAS but normal ears in live-mod and it is so sad to see them this way. I really miss having them, it is such a nice occult feature.

Message 4 of 18 (6,343 Views)

Hero
@SilentK008 Did you also add them through an unlock mod or regularly ?

Did any of you try to put the mod back and re-set them ? Like change to normal and set them pointy again ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 18 (6,319 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I use mods in my game but I have never downloaded anything in order to unlock pointy ears. All my sims with pointy ears have been spellcasters.

The household above has been in my game since sometime in october I think, I put up a link to them on the Gallery for a member on the Sims 4 forum and she has always had the ears.

But now she looks like this in the game.

Message 6 of 18 (6,278 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Today I removed all my mods, tried a new save and another household with spellcasters.

This is a old household from october with spellaster-pointy ears. The sims has blush and CC-eyes since I had mods in my game when I uploaded them to my tray. Just wanted to show that this is an old household.

She still have the ears in CAS. My game is now mods-free. The blush and CC-eyes are gone from the household.

I tried to make a few new sims with pointy ears.

Ingame they have lost their pointy ears.

Message 7 of 18 (6,277 Views)

★ Guide

When I try to make a new spellcaster in CAS the pre-sets for pointed ears are gone. I cannot chose to give a spellcaster pointed ears, I have to randomise until I get a spellcaster with pointed ears if I want to see them on a newly created sim.

Like the grey sim-guy above here. I have no option in the ear-presets to give a spellcaster pointy ears. If I drag around with the ear I will only get a big round ear instead. At the moment the only way for me to get a newly created sim with spellcaster ears I have to randomise until I get a sim who has the pointy ears from the get-go. Then I can move the game-generated ears around.

It has been a while since I made a spellcaster in CAS so I do not remember what it looked like pre-Uni-patch but I remember that I could still give any spellcaster pointy ears if I wanted to. That is no longer an option in my game. I can download previously made spellcasters and they still have their pointy ears in CAS but no spellaster has them in the game any more.

This is a but that really vexes me so if there is anything I can do to help let me know.

Cheers!

Message 8 of 18 (6,276 Views)

★ Guide

After the Eco-patch my spellcasters have their ears back!

I can make any spellcaster in CAS and if they have round ears I have the opportunity to give them pointy ears and they show up in live mode later on.

For me the bug has been fixed and I am so so happy.

TS4_x64 2020-06-09 07-55-53.png

Message 9 of 18 (5,243 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@SilentK008 : It may have been fixed before that, because last month, I made a Sim solely to test that, and it looked like it worked, so I made an elf for one of my spellcaster households.

Glad to hear that, though! (Possible Cavet: @jpkarlsen has told me that pointy ears only work for spellcasters made in CAS; any spellcasters born with them will lose them if you go into CAS, IIRC.)
Message 10 of 18 (5,216 Views)