[FIXED] [ROM] Spellcaster forget spell when saved in the library

by Squallri88

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [ROM] Spellcaster forget spell when saved in the library

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

ATTENTION EVERYONE. I've figured out a work around (by accident) So to get the sims to save with all the spells they have unlocked you need to be in a current household then go straight into the gallery (not in manage worlds but in live mode paused ideally) Place the same into the household and they should have all their spells that they had when you saved them! Tested with all my sims works 100%

Message 11 of 26 (1,693 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@Midgestar Can confirm this actually did work so far, on 2 caster Sims I tested this workaround on! I'll test the rest tomorrow but this looks to be a great temp solution!
Message 12 of 26 (1,665 Views)

★★★★ Guide

So hey, is there any progress on an actual fix for this, or has this all been forgotten?

Message 13 of 26 (1,504 Views)

★ Apprentice

Sadly it sounds like it's been forgotten about given how long ago the pack was released and every update since has never mentioned it (if there were even that many issues with Realm of Magic being fixed to begin with. Think only one update actually had some fixes, while the others it was like one or two things that doesn't seem like they were all that noticeable). Rather annoying because two of my sims are suppose to be spellcasters (but the pack wasn't even announced back when they were made, one of which is almost as old as the game) and I have a few others in the pipeline, but some of the more notable issues with spellcasters to be addressed before they release them into the wild.

Message 14 of 26 (1,418 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I found out a detail overlooked by the others:

This behavior is not present when "Merging" Households in-game (e.g. while playing an active family). Spells are correctly transferred in merges as far as I can tell but not during "world map" imports - this means if you create a fresh copy of the spellcaster the same item can be merged to the exact same family creating a clone family member(s) that have the correct spell(s).

Otherwise, I'm suffering from the same bug. 

Edit: Also Quick Reminder, Evict your households before "uploading" them to gallery; that missing 18k Simoleons Drives me nuts, and also seems to contribute to this bug.

Message 15 of 26 (1,299 Views)

★ Guide
@Squallri88
Has this bug been completely forgotten?
Very annoying.
Message 16 of 26 (1,251 Views)

★ Guide

someone who knows about some mods that fixes it.

Message 17 of 26 (1,200 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@Nettis2009 Seems I come back to Sims after a 7-month hiatus and this still has not been addressed. Very classy.
Message 18 of 26 (1,102 Views)

★ Guide

I downloaded a sim into my save. He was supposed to be an all knowing teacher since I had worked on him in an earlier save.

All perks still around. All potions and spells were gone.

Message 19 of 26 (976 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@SilentK008Merging a spellcaster into an existing household while in-game Live Mode will work for now.

Message 20 of 26 (925 Views)