Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [ROM] Spellcaster forget spell when saved in the library

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Italiano
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.55.108.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions and game pack, almost every stuff pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Everytime you save a spellcaster in the library and then you download him in another save he keeps all his spellcaster level and all his perks but has forgotten all the spell he had and he need to learn them again.
What happens when the bug occurs? Everytime you save a spellcaster in the library and then you download him in another save he keeps all his spellcaster level and all his perks but has forgotten all the spell he had and he need to learn them again.
What do you expect to see? I expetct to see all the spell i have learned on that sim
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

The issue started from the release of ROM, i don't use script mod only cc and i took them off to try but the problem remain.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 26 (5,874 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [ROM] Spellcaster forget spell when saved in the library

Hero

Spellcasters with all spells learned and maxed out no longer lose those when downloaded from the Library/Gallery Muscle memory perhaps?

Fixed in Patch 1.68.154/ 1.33

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 26 of 26 (3,887 Views)

All Replies

Re: [UNSURE] [ROM] Spellcaster forget spell when saved in the library

★★★★★ Novice

I made more test and i don't think it's a design choice. My spellcaster all maxed out had the "always teleport" mode enabled and after saved him in the library and downloaded in a new save he kept teleporting around without knowing any spell.

Message 2 of 26 (5,781 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Oh my gods if I only knew this thread existed before: I had been making a few spellcasters to transfer to my other saves since the release of RoM, and I was absolutely upset to discover that all their learned spells and potion recipes, no matter how they learned them (including cheating them on) did not keep them when I placed them into another one of my saves. They did keep all their perks and current rank, but not the spells they had already learned. I spent days working on getting their spells, only to find out they just forgot them all upon moving to another save. It frustrated me so bad.

To add onto this bug issue, I tested on new saves post-RoM on complete vanilla saves; no mods and no cc just to make sure. I also tested spellcasters in 3 ways; cheating the occult trait onto them, making them in CAS, and turning pre-existing as well as new human Sims into ones through the official rite of ascension, and all of them did not keep their learned spells and potion recipes when transferred to another save. I even went through the long process of asking for the rite of dissolution on an existing spellcaster, waiting to ask back to become one again, and still those ones also didn't transfer correctly. I am sad this doesn't get more attention.

Message 3 of 26 (5,730 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

hi! I tried a lot of combination too and i got to the conclusion that vampires in gallery have all the power they learned because it's related to the perks, with spellcaster perks and spells are 2 separate things and i think they didn't think about "saving" the spellcaster book into the library with a sim. That said this doesn 't get attention because they marked it as unsure but this clearly is not a design choice so i hope they will do something in the next patch.

Message 4 of 26 (5,688 Views)

[ROM] Skilled Spellcaster from gallery loses spells and potion knowledge

Champion (Retired)

Which language are you playing the game in? English
What is your current game version number? 1.55.108.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All content thru ROM
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Download a skilled Spellcaster from the gallery. Look at the spell book for known spells and potions. The spells and potions are reset to zero.
What happens when the bug occurs? Skilled Spellcasters lose all knowledge of spells and potions learned before sharing to gallery. The perks earned appear intake.
What do you expect to see? Spells and potions to be remembered / maintained when sharing to gallery, These should be treated like any learned skill.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I created a pair of Sims who became Spellcasters in the game and they had a child. Mom and Dad completed both the ROM aspirations and had learned 100% of the potions and spells. Their son was born with the weak bloodline trait and quickly learned several spells and potions as a teen.  The household was uploaded to the gallery to preserve them for future game play. A friend brought this to my attention and I placed my household in game to investigate and confirm.

Household for testing if needed:  HeirsSpares EarthaTyme
https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/22EB1DEADBFF11E98DFB1EC7164F8428

Game Version 1.55.108.1020 Patch 17Sept2019
All content installed thru Realm Of Magic
PC / Win 10
Never used CC or mods.

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 5 of 26 (5,729 Views)

Re: [ROM] Skilled Spellcaster from gallery loses spells and potion knowledge

Champion (Retired)

This is what I see when I look at my skilled Spellcasters after downloading from the gallery:

A Chronos Perks.PNG

B Mother Perks.PNG

B Mother Perks.PNG

B Mother Spell Book.PNG

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 6 of 26 (5,722 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Can we get a raincheck on the status of this issue? There's now at least 14 people now with this problem. I can't save anymore spellcasters to my library with this still being a problem!

Message 7 of 26 (5,509 Views)

magic user's known spells and potions are lost on new game import from library

★★★★ Apprentice

Which language are you playing the game in? English
What is your current game version number? 1.56.52.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all expansions, all game packs except dine out, only laundry day stuff pack no other stuff packs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? have a magic user with all spells and potions learned. save to library. create a new game add magic user. magic user levels are remembered, but all learned spells and potions are lost.
What happens when the bug occurs? all learned spells and potions are lost. have to re-learn them all.
What do you expect to see? my sim/household being preserved in the same state that i saved to my library. the teleportation stone was lost as well. Also all household funds were lost... a side note the game version on main game screen states 1.56.52.1020, latest patch notes state 1.56.55.1220. I have the latest version. seems games main screen was not updated to latest version number.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

please save full sim information to library.

Message 8 of 26 (5,397 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

So still no word on this? Pretty annoying if it's by design. 

Message 9 of 26 (5,287 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [ROM] Spellcaster forget spell when saved in the library

★★★★ Guide

I've come to report an update on this issue: I did a controlled experiment by seeing when if someone were to send me a caster Sim through the Gallery with a learned spell in the spellbook, will it keep the spell? So I dl'ed this Sim into my clean, fully updated game on a brand new save hoping that the spell would at least appear. I first dl'ed the Sim to my library and then dropped her directly into the save from the library, and to no avail she had no spells learned. I then tried dropping her directly from my library to my CAS, saving that, then dropping her caster household into the world, and it also failed to display any learned spells.

Finally, I tried dropping her just directly from the Gallery to the world, and what do you know? Didn't work either. I've exhausted all other possible options I could think about and surmised that it's not just the library that has this issue, but the Gallery too. I've lost any will to play with RoM now until this is addressed as an actual problem that needs solving.

Message 10 of 26 (5,179 Views)