Re: [OPEN] [ROM] Spellcaster eyes not working properly

by AnnieOnimoos

Original Post

EA Sims Team

Hello.

Just letting you know that team has been aware of this issue and is investigating it.  I've heard it's not a simple solution and will take some time.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 51 of 72 (1,795 Views)

★ Guide

@SimQARoboThank you so much for giving us an update. It means the world, you have no idea. There is a mod that seems to work as a temporary solution. It's mentioned above in the comments if you search for it, it does indeed work and maybe something to pass along until you guys can figure it out.

Again thank you for seeing this and letting me and everyone else know that you're working on it.

Sparkie

Message 52 of 72 (1,772 Views)

★★★ Guide
@SimQARobo THANK YOU!!!! Btw the Spellcaster eyes are VERY PRETTY! (now that I can actually seem em in CAS on sims.) 😉😛😃
Message 53 of 72 (1,757 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Ah! Thank you so much for your response! It's good to know that at least they've not been forgotten about. Standard smile

I am so looking forward to trying out spellcasters. I've loved the aliens/vamps/mermaids, I'm not as into witchy stuff but will probably end up enjoying them too...

If only I used mods! This would have been perfect. Standard smile

Nic.

(Posts merged by CM)

Message 54 of 72 (1,683 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Just created a new Spellcaster yesterday 10 December 2019 and sadly must add a "me too" as the ROM eyes are not working.
Reference:

Glenda Sparks Spellcaster 121019

Gallery Link: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/FAD532D61B6111EA892C2495E2BB44F7
Game Version 1.58.69.1010 Patch 25Nov2019

- EQ Avid Sims Player
#EQCreations
I do not work for EA
All packs installed and patches are current.
PC / Win 10
Never used CC or mods.

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 55 of 72 (1,416 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Can anyone explain to me, if there are actual NEW eyes for MAGES (which do not work), or you just talk here about a possibility to choose aliens, vampires and mermaids eyes for them?

Message 56 of 72 (1,387 Views)

★ Guide

The spell caster occult do not appear to have their own unique set of eyes, but have unlocked all the eyes from the previous occults. Alien, Mermaid, Vampire.

Now I'm not sure if that was the intended thing, or if they are indeed supposed to have their own set of eyes, just reporting what I see on my default no mods version of the game.

If choosing an occult (Vampire, Alien or Mermaid) eye it will not actually appear. Say for example you want the black eyes of the vampire or alien. You choose that and the sim will not show that eye, but instead a random default human eye color. For sake of the example, it turns up a blue eye. If you were to pick another eye and then go back to the black vampire/alien eye. You wouldn't get blue again, you'd get another random human eye color. If you look at my very first post in here, there are examples showing that you can pick the black eye swatch, but it's not the eye swatch reflected on the sim.

This is similar to an issue that happened around this time last year when the child eye brows were supposed to be fixed and it broke hair in a similar fashion.

Message 57 of 72 (1,369 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Fixed an issue where Occult eyes would not properly apply to Spellcasters.

Fixed in Patch 1.59.73

Thread for console: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-ROM-XB1-PS4-Spellcaster-s-Eyes-not-working/m-p/854...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 58 of 72 (21,616 Views)

★ Guide

@crinrictSo the intention of the team was to make only vampire eyes available to spell casters? Now they work, but I don't see the other occult eyes anymore. If this is working as intended I'm cool with accepting this as a solution.

Message 59 of 72 (1,348 Views)

Hero
@Sparkiekong I see a lot of them. Can't say which ones are from where.

Can you post a screenshot what is available to you (and what's not) ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 60 of 72 (1,345 Views)