Re: [OPEN] [ROM] Spellcaster XP bar loads/unloads rapidly

by Zerioth

Original Post

★★★★ Novice

I have also the same issue.

Even if I try to remove mods, same thing occurs.

I had 12 Talent points and used them. Bought first 5 Master Duelist Column, worked fine.
Then bought 5 - Magica Resonance column, still worked fine.

I had 2 points. When I bought Experimenter, it worked fine then not long after I bought Spellcaster socialite.
That's when it stopped working. The bar would be max but then would reset to empty with no new Talent points added.

When I kept practicing magic or experimenting on cauldron, the bar would slowly go up abit then quickly fill up and empty again with no talent points added.

Message 21 of 31 (1,859 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Update: - as a workaround to fix this issue:

Eventually I had to use to cheat to get it back down to work properly again as it annoyed me for days.

Tried to replicate the issue but didn't come back.

Had to use go to Cheat Console with CTRL SHIFT C and enable cheats: Testingcheats True

Then typed: stats.set_stat rankedStatistic_WitchOccult_WitchXP 50

This would bring my level back to Neophyte Spellcaster rank and would refund my Talent points back and whatever cause the XP bar to load rapidly to return to normal.

Instead of Neophyte level (50), I could probably use 350 or 850 to other ranks and might still work.

After that, to bring back up to Virtuoso, I used: stats.set_stat rankedStatistic_WitchOccult_WitchXP 2350

To get extra Talent point, then would use: stats.set_stat rankedStatistic_WitchOccult_WitchXP 2850

But only did that once or twice as I had went through Practicing Magic and Experimenting numerous times so just getting back what I should have got.

Anyway, once it was fixed, I turned cheats off with: Testingcheats False
Turned off Cheat console with CTRL SHIFT C again

Bought perks of ones I originally had and continued leveling up as normal.

Testing leveling up by practicing magina and experimenting and XP bar now loads up normally and when gets to the end, gives you a point.

Now I can continue playing.

Message 22 of 31 (1,853 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Popping a confirmation into this thread as well that the above solution works for me, on a relatively new spellcaster who got stuck at 17 perk points. He's the third spellcaster sim to bug out on me while several others have made it to filling out all their perks without issue.

Message 23 of 31 (1,747 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hello there,

I hope you have fixed this issue by now. Here is what happened to me.

1. I had this issue and stopped playing.

2. I uploaded my Sims and had my GF test it on her PC and she managed to gain talent points normally.

3. I deleted my game and started a new one.

4. I then download my old Sims and guess what, I can gain talent point past Virtuoso now.

I know this is very circumstantial and you might not had uploaded your Sims, but I just want to provide some information. Hope it helps!!!

Message 24 of 31 (1,452 Views)

Hero (Retired)

I'm seeing this currently on PS5. I made two spellcasters, both of them fill their xp bar, level and then don't get any points for having leveled, and then the next level is already full and then they will revert back a rank. They haven't progressed past the first rank even though their bars have filled many times.

Message 25 of 31 (1,375 Views)

Re: problem with magic experience bar - no points count

★★★★ Novice

I am having the same problem. Brand new save, no mods. Fully updated game. I have a video of the magic bar increasing and decreasing too.

Message 26 of 31 (1,328 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hey this seems to work for me!!!!!!!! dont know why they have not patched this yet but nice to know there is a work around!

Message 27 of 31 (1,209 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Which steps exactly worked for you?

Message 28 of 31 (1,111 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Your workaround just made my day, thank you so much for posting it! :D I was taking screenshots for a forum where I'm posting sort of a serial sort of story that I've just started there, and a Spellcaster is going to be a key character in it later. I hadn't played Spellcasters for a while, needed to get her up to Virtuoso during the setup for this part of it, and discovered this issue in the process. I was afraid I would have to delete her and put her back in the game! But working through your steps actually fixed it for me: thanks for saving my poor Sim, I spent half a day on creating her in CAS and finishing her house in Build Mode.

Message 29 of 31 (868 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I am seeing this issue now. Just bought the Magic expansion pack, and the XP meter started bugging out for one of them. I don't want to lose all their progress so I hesitate to reboot their game, but it's looking like I may have no choice. Saw this was an old thread, but with a few recent posts, so adding myself to the list of people experiencing this issue. I'll try a bit of troubleshooting and drop it here if I find a workaround that doesn't undo hours of gameplay.

Message 30 of 31 (722 Views)