Re: [NEEDS INFO] [ROM] Spellcaster XP bar loads/unloads rapidly

by Razerbone

Original Post

Hero
@606531652W166 Is anyone still seeing this in their game ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 31 (1,950 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Yes it still happens with the latest patch PC: 1.59.73.1020

it seams to show up after you reload the save.

Message 12 of 31 (1,923 Views)

Hero
@Razerbone Do you see it on a pre-existing save only or also if you start a fresh one/New spellcaster ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 31 (1,897 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

@crinrict  Both, I first saw it in a pre-existing save, then I created a new game the next day and played until lunch with no trouble, I saved and quit for lunch. Then after lunch when I when back into that new save I noticed 3 of my Spellcasters has buged XP bars.

Message 14 of 31 (1,876 Views)

Hero
@Razerbone OK. Thanks

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 15 of 31 (1,860 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

i have that issue now and i cant seem to fix it no matter what i try...

Message 16 of 31 (1,700 Views)

Hero
@batbfv04mrj1c Could you maybe add a video of what you're seeing ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 17 of 31 (1,688 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I have been doing some testing since Eco came out to see if this error was still a problem, and I have noticed that the error only appears after I have maxed my spellcaster’s level, beyond virtuoso, and a reload of the save game.

Message 18 of 31 (1,650 Views)

★ Novice

Hi! I have the same problem.

The orange progress bar is still 100% full, but when sims perform magical activity the bar empties without giving a point. When the activity stopped, the bar is full again. One of my sims has 14 points, the other has 15 points, both can`t grow.

I don`t use mods. I only have Get to job, Seasons and Realm of Magic

Message 19 of 31 (1,594 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

I've seen this twice in my game now, first time happened with my SuperSim Tirsden which really sucks, because she can't unlock all the perks. She's stuck at 13 points. I had changed her to a vampire after doing those 13 points of spellcaster, and then eventually went back to spellcaster to finish maxing perks; I believe it was at that point I noticed she couldn't get any more xp (with the bar loading and unloading rapidly) but I am not 100% sure. She hasn't lost any points or spellcaster ranks, and before much longer she went back to being a vampire because at least with that, she has gotten everything she wants. The bug hit her a good couple of months ago, if I remember right. I looked around forums at that time and saw a suggestion to export and re-import the bugged Sim back into the world to see if that would fix them; I was unwilling to sacrifice her relationships and figured she was going to stay a vampire anyways. (Edit: She had no magic bloodline trait of any sort.)

The bug hit again last night, with an ancient bloodline adult spellcaster named Zeiss. He can't unlock the last 5 perks, but he at least got more points than Tirsden; Zeiss has 19 points total. Meanwhile, his two brothers, his father, and his grandfather all have completely maxed out perks with extra points on top of that (especially dad/grandpa from using magic for everyday stuff). I decided it was time to do some testing, as Zeiss is my head-cannon Sims incarnation of The Outsider from Dishonored and I figured it would kind of make weird sense if he were "magically" separated from his family (aka export/import) and that would explain why his relationships would all vanish, though on the other hand I was pretty frustrated that his awesome relationships with his dad and grandpa would be gone (as they had done a ton of the Parenthood expansion stuff with him and he has 4 of 5 positive grow-up traits). I found it fishy, though, that through multiple saves/reloads of the game, none of the other sims in the family had been affected by this bug.

Aight, so:

1) I tried at first to restore a save from the previous in-game day, where Zeiss had not yet learned some spells and was 4 perk points behind the most current game save. I re-ground the spellcaster xp purely using the cauldron at their house, and used potions to keep his needs up. I also didn't spend the new points he was gaining. At the point on the xp bar where he should have accumulated 6 total points (4 were already ground back up), the xp bar loading/unloading bug hit. He was bugged at the exact same point as the current savegame. This leads me to believe that perhaps if a Sim is going to get bugged at all, it's predetermined somehow; perhaps this is the case with some sims and not others, based on other reports in this thread (like the person who mentions three spellcasters getting bugged all at once).

2) I went back to my current savegame and split Zeiss off from his family, edited his (now-solo) household, saved him to the library, deleted his household from the game world, and imported his library copy into an empty lot. I started playing as him and ran him to the magic world (because he'd lost all his spells and potion recipes, that was not something I expected). Plunked him down at a cauldron and... he was still bugged. I hadn't saved anything for this test so I just quit without saving.

3) I decided to have a look at Tirsden for this bug report, so I loaded her up a few minutes ago. I cured her vampirisim, hit up one of her spellcaster friends for the Rite of Ascension, and then used the friend's cauldron to test the xp bar. She's still definitely bugged as well, and sitting at 13 perk points. I quit without saving.

So, I've decided to keep the bugged version of Zeiss from my current game and continue on with him as he is, with his relationships intact. Really frustrated though, that not only does this bug still exist, but that it ever existed in the first place. Perhaps it's a town-level issue for older towns, but I have over 800 hours in my main town (started in roughly the Vampires expansion era) and I am *not* doing a mass-export/import until that puppy corrupts solid (which I obviously hope never happens buuuut this is Sims we're talking about).

I have bugged-Zeiss uploaded to the gallery if he's useful:

https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/4B9CF9A9C0B311EA87459A5C1BC13C2D

Message 20 of 31 (1,559 Views)