Re: Spellcaster UI (including talent book) not working correctly

by leroidetout

Original Post

★ Guide

I had thought that this issue was fixed, but it appears that this error is still happening to people on 1.60, who are playing with new saves. We have been seeing it on and off in the MCCC discord.

Error: Settings Key: motivepanelcurses has value: [object Object] of type: Object and is not supported in UISettings.

@leroidetout wrote:

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.55.108.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a Spellcaster with no points open up the Perks UI from the button in their Needs panel. The curses one seems to happen randomly. This doesn't seem to happen 100% of the time, but it happens fairly frequently.
What happens when the bug occurs? When the Error #1009 LUIE occurs, the perks UI doesn't load right. Sometimes, it prevents me from being able to open the UI back up -- subsequent clicks on the button to open the Perks UI does nothing.
What do you expect to see? No LUIEs, even if they don't visibly affect the game. Also, the Spellcaster Perks button shouldn't stop working after opening it the first time.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. This is directly related to the Realm of Magic Game Pack. This error has been around since it released.

Spoiler
<?xml version="1.0" ?><root>
<report><version>2</version><sessionid>69578b0ab6496b785d87a383</sessionid><type>desync</type><sku>ea.maxis.sims4_64.15.pc</sku><createtime>2019-09-22 16:42:34</createtime><buildsignature>Local.Unknown.Unknown.1.55.108.1020-1.200.000.409.Release</buildsignature><categoryid>(AS)widgets.Gameplay.controls::RankedStatExpIncrement</categoryid><desyncid>69578b0ab6496b785d87a383</desyncid><systemconfig/><screenshot/><desyncdata>TypeError: Error #1009: Cannot access a property or method of a null object reference.&#13;&#10; at widgets.Gameplay.controls::RankedStatExpIncrement/SetData()&#13;&#10; at widgets.Gameplay.PerksPanel.controls::RankedStatExpBar/SetData()&#13;&#10; at widgets.Gameplay.PerksPanel.controls::PerksContentBase/Populate()&#13;&#10; at widgets.Gameplay.PerksPanel::PerksPanelMain/PopulatePanel()&#13;&#10; at olympus.core.widget::WidgetBase/Show()&#13;&#10; at olympus.io::CommunicationObject/DispatchToWidget()&#13;&#10; at olympus.io::CommunicationManager/DispatchStoredOnDemandMessages()&#13;&#10; at olympus.core::LayoutManager/OnDemandWidgetLoadComplete()&#13;&#10;rtim=23959</desyncdata></report>
<report><version>2</version><sessionid>69578b0ab6496b785d87a383</sessionid><type>desync</type><sku>ea.maxis.sims4_64.15.pc</sku><createtime>2019-09-22 16:42:56</createtime><buildsignature>Local.Unknown.Unknown.1.55.108.1020-1.200.000.409.Release</buildsignature><categoryid>(AS)olympus.core.data::SettingsMap</categoryid><desyncid>69578b0ab6496b785d87a383</desyncid><systemconfig/><screenshot/><desyncdata>Error: Settings Key: motivepanelcurses has value: [object Object] of type: Object and is not supported in UISettings.&#13;&#10; at olympus.core.data::SettingsMap/GetKeyValueArray()&#13;&#10; at olympus.core::UIManager/HandleGetUISimSettings()&#13;&#10; at olympus.io::CommunicationObject/Dispatch()&#13;&#10; at olympus.io::CommunicationManager/CallUIService()&#13;&#10; at olympus.io::CommunicationManager/CallGameService()&#13;&#10; at widgets.UIContainer::UIContainerMain/OnExitGameConfirm()&#13;&#10; at widgets.Dialog.actions::CallbackDialogAction/Execute()&#13;&#10; at widgets.Dialog.footers::DialogButtonFooter/OnButtonSelect()&#13;&#10; at olympus.controllers::SelectableGroup/SetSelectionAs()&#13;&#10; at olympus.controllers::SelectableGroup/OnButtonClick()&#13;&#10; at olympus.gui.buttons::Button/OnMouseRelease()&#13;&#10;rtim=26234</desyncdata></report>
</root>

The Error #1009 one is from opening up the perks panel. I don't know what exactly triggers the other one referring to the curses but that LUIE will show up if I play the game with a Spellcaster eventually.

When the Error #1009 occurs, the perks panel shows up like this
Broken Perks Panel Which Causes LUIE Error #1009

(Edited by CM to update thread title following thread merges)

Message 21 of 30 (1,246 Views)

EA Sims Team

Hello @leroidetout 

Do you happen to have a save that can reproduce this error?  If so, would you be willing to share it with me through private message? 

Instructions here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 22 of 30 (1,216 Views)

EA Sims Team

Hello again @leroidetout 

We took a look at the save that you sent through private message and were not able to reproduce the error.  Is there any other info that you can share that may help?

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 23 of 30 (1,172 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [ROM] Spellcaster UI (including talent book) not working corre

★★★ Guide

I'm still getting this error as well. Any of my casters that have been cursed and cleansed while playing I receive a LastUIException from. It has made playing a spellcaster impossible. UIException in Spoiler below:

Spoiler
<?xml version="1.0" ?><root>
<report><version>2</version><sessionid>8d4508ca0e29368f5e6c3edd</sessionid><type>desync</type><sku>ea.maxis.sims4_64.15.pc</sku><createtime>2020-03-14 05:13:18</createtime><buildsignature>Local.Unknown.Unknown.1.61.15.1020-1.200.000.440.Release</buildsignature><categoryid>(AS)olympus.core.data::SettingsMap</categoryid><desyncid>8d4508ca0e29368f5e6c3edd</desyncid><systemconfig/><screenshot/><desyncdata>Error: Settings Key: motivepanelcurses has value: [object Object] of type: Object and is not supported in UISettings.&#13;&#10; at olympus.core.data::SettingsMap/GetKeyValueArray()&#13;&#10; at olympus.core::UIManager/HandleGetUISimSettings()&#13;&#10; at olympus.io::CommunicationObject/Dispatch()&#13;&#10; at olympus.io::CommunicationManager/CallUIService()&#13;&#10;rtim=1044663</desyncdata></report>
</root>

Message 24 of 30 (1,096 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [ROM] Spellcaster UI (including talent book) not working corre

Hero
@Abradley745 Did you send your save to @SimQARobo yet ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 25 of 30 (1,071 Views)

★★★ Guide

I did just a moment ago. Hopefully that helps

Message 26 of 30 (1,052 Views)

★ Novice

I've been getting Last UI Exceptions lately too. Nothing seems to be wrong with my spellcaster UI visually, but sometimes it's laggy and throws errors.

Message 27 of 30 (898 Views)

★★★ Guide

So I was curious if anything has been found with my save files... since I sent it in March. Its been 4 months now and I haven't heard anything?

Message 28 of 30 (836 Views)

Hero
Is anyone still having issues with this ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 29 of 30 (731 Views)

Re: ROM - Talent points and perks book wont open

★★★ Newbie

Heyy, new to this website and this gaming world also, really liked the games whic my friends suggested me to play, and i met a person online who has a website which i will tell you later but he really did a great job by guiding me in each and every game, gave all cool information about games and latest trend, https://www.sims4studiodownload.com/realm-of-magic-cheats/ this is that website, i visit daily this website for all the latest trends and knowledge about games. Thanks. 

Message 30 of 30 (713 Views)