Re: Spellcaster UI causes LUIEs

by Onyxangel24

Original Post

★ Apprentice

I noticed this error specifically when I had a cursed spellcaster. But have gotten it frequently as well. 

Message 11 of 30 (1,822 Views)

Hero
@leroidetout Does your Sim have the bloodline trait ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 30 (1,818 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Same Error. Each time i play i get the Curse UI LE. No Bloodline Trait. I think it happened after i got a Curse for the first time. I removed the curse via Potion but since then i get the UI LE even without any active Curse. (I only get the motivepanelcurses  UI LE and can open my Spellcaster Perk Point UI etc fine)

The specific Error leroidetout mentioned happenend to me once in the very beginning. Only restarting the Game fixed the Spellcaster UI.

Message 13 of 30 (1,811 Views)

★ Guide

My Sim does not have the bloodline trait.

Message 14 of 30 (1,792 Views)

LastUIException on game exit with ROM as prior cursed spellcaster

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.55.108.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Make or Become a SpellCaster, become cursed, use the potion to decurse, exit the game.
What happens when the bug occurs? A LastUIException.txt file created
What do you expect to see? Not have a LastUIException.txt file created.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Having Realm of Magic installed.

I am not sure what this is exactly doing as I only receive this UI error when exiting my game. However, my sim became cursed with the curse of the duelist after fainting when failing to make potions. I used the potion from the reward store to remove the curse. Ever since my game creates the following UI error when I exit the game. My sim does not have any of the realm of magic traits either. I have tested this with and without my mods and it makes no difference other than the size of the error log.

Attachment
Download this attachment
Attachment
Download this attachment
Message 15 of 30 (1,739 Views)

★ Guide

I am having this problem too, but perk panel is not blank.  LE after game closes.

Message 16 of 30 (1,736 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

I have this too. I had made my own post about it about 8 hours ago. I tested it with and without mods and it still happens. My sim does not have the bloodline trait.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/LastUIException-on-game-exit-with-ROM-as-prior-cursed/m-p/8226...

Message 17 of 30 (1,703 Views)

Hero
I did some splitting and re-merging.

Currently keeping two threads

1. Spellcaster Level Reset where no more perks can be gained and mostly bloodline related
2. This thread: Game spatting UI errors and empty perk books:

They're probably related and there might even be more issues than that but that's the distinction for now.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 18 of 30 (1,660 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [ROM] Issues with talent book/ perk bar (no bloodline trait)

★★★ Apprentice

Same here!!! I didn't have this problem when I began playing the new occult Sims, but now it's gotten to the point where it appears on every other household. It's getting really annoying, so let's hope it gets fixed soon! Fingers crossed. Angel

Message 19 of 30 (1,649 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [ROM] Issues with talent book/ perk bar (no bloodline trait)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I do have this bug too. My spell caster was cursed once, but I'm not sure when it started happening. It happens when her spell caster rank levels up and she gets additional talent points (she's a virtuoso). However she gets the talent points + the talent points that were already spent and she is downgraded to master again.... Usually restarting the whole game helps with the talent book not showing and bar not moving to virtuoso, but only until she levels up again after already achieving virtuoso.....

Message 20 of 30 (1,595 Views)