by Dawnryze

Original Post

[OPEN] [ROM] [W] Occult Toddler: Eyes and Ears wrong when growing up

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.154.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Tiny Living, Nifty Knitting, Journey to Baatu, Eco Lifestyle, and Snowy Escape.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? In Live Mode, have a spellcaster have a child with one or both parents having pointed ears and spellcaster eyes. After the child grows into a toddler, plan outfits. After planning outfit, return to live mode and check child's eye color.
What happens when the bug occurs? The toddler will grow up from the bassinet with spellcaster eyes and ears. After going into plan outfits a first time, the ears disappear in CAS but the eyes look correct. After leaving CAS, the ears appear in Live mode but the eyes will change to a random normal eye color. The child will not have the option to have any of the spellcaster eyes after this. Sims who were created in CAS do not have this issue, only children born in live mode do.
What do you expect to see? I expect for my sims who have spellcaster eyes to have children with their eye colors. Both parents had spellcaster eyes that, after initially being inherited by their children, changed to a random color after CAS and couldn't be fixed with cas.fulleditmode as the spellcaster eye colors disappeared.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I tested this in two save files with the same mother character and different fathers. In the first game, I had a mod that allowed me to speed up the birth of children and set their gender. She had two daughters born with her spellcaster blue eyes and no pointed ears (The father had normal eyes and ears). The first daughters eyes changed to green after planning her outfit. The second daughters eyes changed to regular blue instead of spellcaster blue. 
In the second save, I removed my mods and created three daughters for the mother character and a spellcaster with pointed ears and another pair of the spellcaster eyes. The three children created in CAS did not have any issues; they aged up and kept their eye color and ears. I had the parents have another child in Live Mode. The son born had the mothers spellcaster eyes and pointed ears. Going into CAS the first time, the son had the correct eyes but his ears had turned normal. After leaving plan outfits, his eyes turned purple and his ears were back to being pointy. Bringing him into CAS again, I cannot change his eye color to any of the spellcaster eyes. 

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 15 (6,730 Views)

Re: Spellcaster Children Eyes and Ears

Hero
@Dawnryze

Aren't those Vampire eyes ? They removed the spellcaster specific eyes as those weren't working.For Vamp eyes, it might be related to this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TO-ADD-V-Vampire-eyes-changing-to-human-colors-on-children/td-...

As for the ears, sounds like the opposite of this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/UNSURE-Spellcaster-s-pointed-ears-not-showing-up-in-Live-Mode/... .. maybe something evolved here.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 15 (6,569 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@crinrictFor me only the spellacaster toddler's eyes change and they look like the lizard eyes, i think those are alien ones, but I am not sure. Either the bright yellow or bright pink or they have a dark hue overall :S

Mother spellcaster has regular green eyes.

Message 3 of 15 (6,561 Views)

★★ Guide

I've noticed my spellcaster toddlers often have regular ears in CAS, even if they are pointy in live mode. I've also had issues with the eye colors changing randomly (sometimes hair, too). This happens more often to my spellcaster toddlers but I've had it on all toddlers. It happens in CAS and then I have to go back in to make them the color they're supposed to have. 

One thing that has seemed to help. Change, the eye color back. Go to a different set of outfits (so move from cold to hot weather). If the eye color has stayed correct, exit on the sim in question, right after correcting the eye color, without switching to another sim first. 

Message 4 of 15 (6,543 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@crinrict Oops, sorry about that. I didn't realize vampire eyes and spellcaster eyes were the same. With that new information, I repeated the test I did with the spellcaster family with a vampire family. Here's what happened:

So the vampire eyes and ears for children made in CAS just decided to not work. I have two screenshots here. The parents of these two children both have pointed ears, gray skintones, and vampire eyes. They both have dark forms as well. The teenage sim was never created through the create a child in CAS with pointed ears or vampire eyes. The teenage sim was capable of having the vampire eyes if I went and manually clicked. The child sim had the same problem, except the vampire eye colors just don't work. They show up in the palette, but clicking on them does not give vampire eyes, and instead gives one of the normal eyes. So I then had the parents have a baby in Live mode. Their children aged up into toddler with pointed ears and the dads white vampire eyes. I planned outfits, and with cas.fulleditmode I looked at the child sim whose eyes didn't work in initial CAS. The eyes for her worked now in the plan outfits. The toddler sim had the correct ears and eyes in the plan outfits. Coming back into Live mode, the toddler and child both still had the correct eyes. I went back in to look at the ears on the teen and child, and according to CAS they do have a pair of pointed ears, although both parents have the tall elf looking ears instead of the short pointed ones the children "have'. The ears don't actually appear pointed on either of them. I aged up the toddler and he kept the correct eyes and ears as a child. I had them have another baby, tested the Plan Outfits again after aging her up to toddler, and both the new toddler and the previous child kept the correct ears and eyes in and out of Plan Outfits. 

So comparing the spellcasters and vampire problems, they're almost opposites. Vampire kids created in CAS cannot have the ears or eyes via the genetic button, but can still be selected with children eyes specifically not working here at all. If you bring them into Plan Outfits from Live Mode after this, their eyes work and with cas.fulleditmode you can fix them. Vampire kids born in game meanwhile seem to be perfectly fine with ears and eyes working as they should. In contrast, spellcaster children created via genetics in CAS work fine, but have issues when born in Live Mode. Spellcaster children born in live mode are born with the correct eyes and ears, but after Planning Outfits with them, their eyes change and cannot be brought back to the magical variant at all with the palette only showing normal eyes. Spellcaster ears do not look correct in CAS on a Live Mode born child, but look correct in Live Mode itself. 

I also tried to replicate the vampire eye glitch from the thread you linked. I brought my family to the gym, and had them change so they were in towels. When it came time for school, they wouldn't go to school so I sent them home. However this glitched them and they still couldn't go to school despite being home and no longer in towels. So I wasn't able to test that completely.
Edit: I went back to my spellcaster family to look at the toddlers born in game again, and after they're born bringing them into Plan Outfits they have the correct eyes. But when I look at the palette for eyes, the eye color isn't there. So my toddler has the glowing blue eyes, but none of those magical eyes show up in the palette.  

Message 5 of 15 (6,541 Views)

Occult Eyes and Ears Broken in CAS

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.69.59.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except for Snowy Escape, Eco Living, Batuu, and Nifty Knitting
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? In CAS
What happens when the bug occurs? I have a vampire and spellcaster who had a baby. I aged the baby up into a toddler. In Live Mode, he has the red vampire eyes with black scleras (both of his parents have these eyes), and small pointy ears. First I clicked the closet and selected "Plan Outfits" and changed his outfits from the randomly generated ones. I noticed that his pointy ears were not visible in CAS. The eyes were still the same. I finished up in CAS and went back into Live Mode. His ears were pointy again, but his eyes turned into the blue human eyes. I went back into CAS to change them back to his original eyes, but the options for occult eyes were not available. He is in fact a spellcaster, however; he does have the spellcaster symbol above his traits in CAS. I exited CAS and enabled testingcheats on and cas.fulleditmode on. The occult eyes were still not an option for him, even when I aged him up from a toddler. I tried all life stages and there were no occult eye options. I exited my game without saving, repaired my game, reopened the game, and tried CAS again with cas.fulleditmode enabled. Still no occult eye options, and no matter what I do they change into the blue eyes upon exiting, even if I make no changes while in CAS.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see the full range of occult eyes for my occult sims while in CAS, regardless of life stage. Especially with cas.fulleditmode turned on. And the eye color should not be changing when exiting CAS. Occult pointy ears are not available at all while in CAS, but they are in Live Mode.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Edit By Crinrict: Fixed Duplicate Template 

Message 6 of 15 (6,475 Views)

Re: Occult Eyes and Ears Broken in CAS

[ Edited ]
Hero

@abdoms Looks like you have either or multiple of these issues

- https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TO-ADD-V-Vampire-eyes-changing-to-human-colors-on-children/td-...
- https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-ROM-Spellcaster-Toddler-Eyes-and-Ears-wrong-when/t...
- https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/UNSURE-Spellcaster-s-pointed-ears-not-showing-up-in-Live-Mode/...

Best to click me too on the ones you see.

let me know if you think none of these match.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 15 (6,443 Views)

Re: Occult Eyes and Ears Broken in CAS

★★ Novice

So my issue does sound similar to the one in the second link. I don't know if it makes a difference that my sim has one vampire parent and one spellcaster parent. I ended up downloading a mod that fixes and enables occult hybrids, and that completely solved my issue. I wish that EA would incorporate that as a fix/update. My favorite part of the sims is the occult and supernatural aspects, so I wish more effort would be put into these fixes. I feel bad for console players who cannot download this mod to have the occult aspects of gameplay be playable.

Message 8 of 15 (6,431 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [ROM] Spellcaster Toddler: Eyes and Ears wrong when growing up

★★★★★ Novice

Still having this issue and just wanted to see if anyone else still is. I've just stopped using the cool occult eyes on my spellcaster Sims since their kids wouldn't be able to look like them even with cas.fulleditmode. Pointed ears still look round instead of pointed in CAS but are correct in live mode. I've been trying to find a mod to fix the eye problem but so far haven't. 

Message 9 of 15 (5,859 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [ROM] Spellcaster Toddler: Eyes and Ears wrong when growing up

★ Guide

Still experiencing this, changing outfits on toddlers removes their spellcaster/vampire eyes.

Message 10 of 15 (5,615 Views)