[OPEN] [ROM] [W] Occult Toddler: Eyes and Ears wrong when growing up

by Dawnryze

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [ROM] Spellcaster Toddler: Eyes and Ears wrong when growing up

★ Guide

Can confirm that on PC this still happens. No mods, no cheats, new save file. Had several caster babies from both caster parents. Toddler has special caster eyes when aged up from a baby. They are also half-alien, so I'm not sure if that matters. They have purple or blue skin, but still have hair and no disguise. The caster eyes look fine in CAS, but if their outfits are modified, the caster eyes are gone in live mode. I tried the suggestion here of changing just one clothing item, toggling to a different outfit, seeing their eyes still there, then exiting on the same sim. Their eyes were still changed to a standard color when switching back to live mode. I also confirmed this happens when changing outfits for children. The only way to get around this and keep their eyes (without mods) is to age them up to teenagers and then change the outfits. Teenagers and adults will keep the caster eyes. I think it's because toddlers and children are not officially casters until they age up. This causes the game to remove any caster features when they are edited in CAS.

Message 11 of 15 (763 Views)

★ Guide

Some more information. Even if you wait until they are a teenager, they can never change between caster eyes or ears. You're stuck with the ones you had at birth. If you ever change the eyes to a different color, then you can never get the original eyes back because the options aren't there. The only way to fix this is to go to the magic realm and ask for the rite of dissolution. This removes the spell caster occult from the sim and they're human again. Wait 1 sim day because of in game restrictions. Go back to the magic realm and ask to become a spell caster again. This time, all of the spell caster eyes and ears will be unlocked and you can have any of them. This also gets rid of the false 2nd form you might see when saving a spell caster by birth in CAS. You keep your inherited bloodline trait and any previous spells and caster rank you earned, so there is no penalty for resetting your caster like this. You just lose 1 day of in-game time while you're not a caster.

Message 12 of 15 (647 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

The problem I've been having (basically since spellcasters came out) is that spellcasters that are born rather than created in CAS still have a hidden alternate form (but the alternate form doesn't show up in the gallery for toddler or child; just for teen and older - when they officially become a spellcaster). I think that hidden alternate form is what is causing my toddler and child spellcasters to have their eyes constantly changing (usually to one of the occult eyes) and their hair color will occasionally change as well. If you want to see a lot of this issue, use the "no shoes indoors" or "wear slippers indoors" feature from snowy escape; that will pretty much guarantee that the toddler and/or child will have their eyes changed.

Message 13 of 15 (576 Views)

Werewolf eyes not available for sims born werewolf

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? SP11: 1.assets.beta-sp11.66
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? The Sims 4: Get to Work The Sims 4: Get Together The Sims 4: City Living The Sims 4: Cats & Dogs The Sims 4: Seasons The Sims 4: Get Famous The Sims 4: Island Living The Sims 4: Discover University The Sims 4: Eco Lifestyle The Sims 4: Snowy Escape The Sims 4: Cottage Living The Sims 4: Outdoor Retreat The Sims 4: Spa Day The Sims 4: Dine Out The Sims 4: Vampires The Sims 4: Parenthood The Sims 4: Jungle Adventure The Sims 4: StrangerVille The Sims 4: Realm of Magic The Sims 4: Star Wars: Journey to Batuu The Sims 4: Dream Home Decorator The Sims 4: Werewolves The Sims 4: Luxury Party Stuff The Sims 4: Perfect Patio Stuff The Sims 4: Cool Kitchen Stuff The Sims 4: Movie Hangout Stuff The Sims 4: Romantic Garden Stuff The Sims 4: Kids Room Stuff The Sims 4: Backyard Stuff The Sims 4: Vintage Glamour Stuff The Sims 4: Bowling Night Stuff The Sims 4: Fitness Stuff The Sims 4: Toddler Stuff The Sims 4: Laundry Day Stuff The Sims 4: My First Pet Stuff The Sims 4: Moschino Stuff The Sims 4: Tiny Living Stuff The Sims 4: Nifty Knitting Stuff The Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff The Sims 4: Blooming Rooms Kit
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1.: a werewolf sim is born 2.: becomes teenager and gets his wolf form 3.: their wolf eyes are totally random and cannot be modified even with cas.fulleditmode Spellcaster children cannot get occult eyes either.
What happens when the bug occurs? The case is the same with spellcasters. When spellcaster/werewolf children become teenagers, their eyes cannot be modified to supernatural ones in CAS (in full edit mode). Moreover, even if both of their parents had occult eyes, they still inherit a simple random one. In the case of werewolves, this is even more irritating, since my sims' wolf eyes have nothing to do with his normal eyes or either with his parents' normal or wolf eyes.
What do you expect to see? Either werewolves and spellcasters being able to inherit their parents' occult eyes, or occult eyes being avalaible in CAS for natural born sims as well. (Preferably both, since both functions sound like that's how the game is supposed to work.)
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Sim1 was born to 2 werewolf parents, sim2 was created by me.

Message 14 of 15 (577 Views)

Re: Werewolf eyes not available for sims born werewolf

★ Guide
@KitaKiyonori Quick fix without mods is to cure the werewolf and then make them a werewolf again. I suspect this happens with all occult babies born instead of created: werewolves, spell casters and vampires. It's been that way for more than 2 years and people are not reporting it enough.
Message 15 of 15 (459 Views)