Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [ROM] Situational outfits from other events retained for realm

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.55.105.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get To Work, Realm of Magic, Strangerville, Vampires, Outdoor Retreat
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Just go to the magic HQ
What happens when the bug occurs? All the Sages are wearing the knight's costume as are some NPCs. My active sims are constantly drinking water or practice singing anywhere in the game.
What do you expect to see? Sages should be wearing normal clothes. My sims should not be autonomously drinking water and singing
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. This happened after I installed Realm of Magic

I don't know if the sages are supposed to be dressed as knights or some of the NPCs as well. The auto singing and water drinking started after installing Realm of Magic.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 29 (4,400 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Festival NPCs not changing out of Festival Costumes or Festival Hats

★★★ Apprentice

@crinrictI tested both my affected saves (one knight costume, other geek con costume) and yes can confirm in both saves my sages are back to normal when loading in to the magical realm, yay :D

View in thread

Message 29 of 29 (2,967 Views)

All Replies

Re: Magic realm everyone wears knight costume

Hero
Hi @neuroticnelly

Did you test the knight costume issue without any mods/cc installed ? Not something I can duplicate in my game at all.

For the water drinking you can post here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Excessive-Water-Drinking-Patch-1-55-102-Edition/m-p/81847...

Don't think we have a thread for the singing but I'm seeing that excessively too so please create a new thread for that.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 29 (4,353 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict I discovered that 2 of Sacrificial's mods were broken. I ditched them and the witches were wearing normal clothes and my sims could now order and drink bar drinks. The singing and water drinking are another thing, as you mention.
Message 3 of 29 (4,310 Views)

Hero
@neuroticnelly Seems this might not mod related but happens if certain Sims are in a situational outfit and then go to the realm.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 29 (4,243 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I have seen this issue in my save too and tested completely without mods, the issue still persists. If you go to geek con (City Living) or to a bar on a night with a costume bar night (Get Together) like knight night and the sages or other spellcasters show up in situational outfits, those outfits will stick around and always be worn in the magic realm. In my first save I played at least two more seasons (so 14 sim days) after the bar knight night and the sages still wear knight costumes, changing their outfits with cheats or removing the hidden "is knight" buff does not help, everytime you load into the realm the knight outfit is back. New save I tested geek con and same issue - here I only played two days after the event. Then you also get "hybrid" variations where only one asset is situational but I cannot say why that happens. One other thing I noticed, in the second save Minerva Charm was given the bartender job (mixologist) and she always shows up in the realm in her work outfit. Will attach my pictures.

Message 5 of 29 (4,233 Views)

★★ Novice

I, too, have encountered this bug where all the sages in the Magic Realm wear full night outfits. I uninstalled all of my mods and it still happens. I deleted all my cache and still sages all show up in knight outfits. Also some random townies will be in knight outfits if I go to a bar. It is ruining the immersion of my playstyle. I recently added all the sages into a household in Glimmerbrook. I have not yet tested to see if the bug continues if I play the sage sims but I will update once tested. Any other suggestions I could try would be great!

Message 6 of 29 (4,211 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I think you're right. I restarted the game with my mods turned off so all was fine. I turned the mods back on and restarted the game and all was fine -- no knights.

Message 7 of 29 (4,191 Views)

★ Guide

I also have this problem and I'm playing without any CC or mods. Right after I entered the portal into the magic realm for the first time, I got a notification that it was "Knight Night" at the bar, and saw that a bunch of Sims were wearing knight costumes, including the Sages. Despite asking them all to "show everyday outfit", they continue to turn up in knight wear, even days later. 

My Spellcasters are also going for water all the time as well. I really hate that hidden water/thirst need. I wish they would turn it off, it serves no purpose and just disrupts gameplay. 

Message 8 of 29 (4,161 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

So I found a workaround for the knight outfits. I placed all of the Sages in a house in Glimmerbrook. Next time I went into the Magic Realm the game regenerated new Sages all wearing normal witchy clothes. However, 2 of the original Sages are still sporting the knights outfit in Glimmerbrook. 

Message 9 of 29 (4,154 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [ROM] Situational outfits from other events retained for realm

★★★★ Pro

I have this problem too, not specifically with knight outfits but with any situational clothes (from festivals and such). For example Morgyn is stuck in some situational clothes from the Spice Festival, with a turban etc, and even if I ask them to show any of their other outfits the next time I meet them they're in the festival outfit again. Very annoying. This happens to townies and even played sims too.

Message 10 of 29 (4,057 Views)