Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [ROM] Sims dying of old age despite immortality potion

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.55.108.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions, all gamepacks except Dine Out, Stuff packs I have: Laundry Day, Vintage Glamour Stuff, Kids room Stuff, Romantic Garden Stuff, Spooky Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have Sims drink the Immortality Potion from Realm of Magic and wait for them to get old.
What happens when the bug occurs? They die of old age despite having the immortality trait from the potion.
What do you expect to see? I expect them to not die from old age.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

(Duplicate template copies removed by CM)

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 3 of 86 (10,171 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [The Sims 4 RoM] The immortality potion doesn't work

Hero

Hereee we areeee… born to be Sims! They are the royalty of the Unnnniverrrseee. They are immortal, your Sims have inside the Immortality Potion. They have no rival, no other Sim can be their equal… now that the potion works!

Fixed in Patch 1.82.99/1.50

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 86 of 86 (3,781 Views)

All Replies

Immortality Bug?

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

So I've been playing a witch just to familiarize myself with Realm of Magic, etc, but went back to my main family / gameplay after pretty much maxing her out (specifically to make sure she had the opportunity to craft and drink the immortality potion) I had intended to work her in/ go back to her in a bit, but when I went back, she'd already passed away of old age. I re-read description and it says it was to prevent death via old age, so? Does it only work if the sim is being actively played??? I didn't know if custom content was messing with stuff so I got rid of all of it and made a test household, no cc, got the potion of immortality, and tried again, but that sim also passed away from old age while I was in another household. Is this a bug or am I just not doing this right?

Edit: I also went in and did the whole repair the game thing prior to my second attempt, but will try again if there's a better way to do it? I just did it via Origin, I didn't get into any game files or anything like that. 

Message 1 of 86 (10,193 Views)

Re: Immortality Bug?

Champion (Retired)

Please post a bug report here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 86 (10,126 Views)

Re: Sims dying of old age despite having drank the immortality potion

★★★ Guide
@3989 I havent had anyone drink this nor get to dying of old age while under this yet...but I hope this isnt the case in my game. 😨😯😵😦
Message 4 of 86 (10,116 Views)

★★★ Guide

Ok the potion doesnt work. 

I made a bunch of immortality potions and gave it to a few of the starter sims (Tomax and Grace). It succeeded both times.

And yet I just got notices they both died of old age. 😟

So... I guess its either back to marking people I want to keep not to age via MCCC or go back to turning said group of people into vampires. 😦😟

Message 5 of 86 (10,046 Views)

★★ Guide

I gave my elder spellcaster the "Potion of Rejuvenation"

and instead of not aging (it was about half) his bar filled up and started to glitter and a sim week later he died of old age.

Message 6 of 86 (10,021 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@MarleyTheWizard Potion Of Rejuvenation works different from the Immortality potion. It works like the potion of youth reward drink and just resets your sims age.

The immortality potion (I think this is how its supposed to work) your sim still ages to elder but you dont die of old age.

Update: I think I found a workaround for the Immortality potion: give someone the drink and if its successful wait till they age up and you get the death notice or they otherwise pass away. Do the dedeathify spell on their ghost. When they come back they will have stopped aging. 

(Posts merged by CM)

Message 7 of 86 (10,006 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [ROM] Sims dying of old age despite immortality potion

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

Could someone who's experienced this issue possibly share a save file? Thanks for the help! 

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea... 

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 8 of 86 (9,942 Views)

So my immortal Sim just died of old age

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Español
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.56.49.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions, game packs and stuff packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1) Make an elderly spellcrafter drink the Immortal potion 2) Change to another household where one of the members is a friend of said spellcrafter and wait until you see a message saying the immortal spellcrafter has died of old age
What happens when the bug occurs? My sim also drank potion of rejuvenation, perhaps that might have interfered with the potion of immortality.
What do you expect to see? Elders with the Immortal trait (obtained after drinking the potion of immortality) NOT dying of old age. Perhaps just making it so they stop aging altogether would fix this easier, and would be more fun.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

(Duplicate template copies removed by CM)

Message 9 of 86 (9,971 Views)

Re: So my immortal Sim just died of old age

★★★ Guide

IIRC we've had this before a long time ago. I believe doing anything that has to do with aging or anti-aging after going immortal will restart the clock so they age again. If the immortality works, then the aging bar in personality should stay empty, but if they are aging then it will slowly fill up. But just like when you overage a sim and kill them in the process, there are no warnings for any of the actions that changes age or aging, except for blowing out candles on a cake.

Message 10 of 86 (9,958 Views)