Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [ROM] "Always Transportalate" issues with eat/clean up/laundry/trash

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.55.105.1020 (64 Bit)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? cats and dogs, get famous, get to work, get together, island living, seasons, city living, outdoor retreat, dine out, vampires, parenthood, strangerville, ream of magic, cool kitchen stuff, spooky stuff, movie hang out stuff, backyard stuff, laundry day stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a spellcaster with "always transportalate" enabled try to take out the trash, clean up, or do laundry.
What happens when the bug occurs? The spellcaster will grab the plate, trash, laundry, or any other thing that has to be cleaned, and they will simply place it down without taking it anywhere or moving at all.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see the spellcaster transportalate to the sink, garbage bin, or washing/ drying machine with the object in hand. Or at least walk to it instead of placing it on the floor.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Installed Realm Of Magic

help

Message 1 of 25 (2,534 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Spellcaster Sims transportalate away before eating

Hero

Spellcasters will now be able to Do Laundry while having “Always Transportalate” enabled.

Fixed in Patch 1.59.73

Although only Laundry is mentioned in the notes, I'm going to brave and mark this as fixed.

Let me know if you have further issues with other interactions (will probably need a new thread)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 23 of 25 (2,401 Views)

All Replies

Re: Sims can't clean up while "Always Transportalate" is enabled (ROM)

★ Guide
@Cammy2123 Oh, I didn't realize this was related to Transportalate (as I have a Sim who doesn't have that option and still has an issue cleaning), just thought that cleaning was glitchy.
So far, in my game, it takes a few tries for a Sim to dishes cleaned, though they will eventually. Picking up trash and bringing it to the bin works far less often (or maybe I'm just not patient enough)
Message 2 of 25 (2,483 Views)

Hero
@Cammy2123 There's a few issues with dishes not getting cleaned properly. Can also depend where you have the dirty dishes.

Does it always work in the same exact situation when you have that turned off ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 25 (2,459 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

This happened to me too. I tested with different sims. It's because the spellcasters can't teleport while carrying dishes/trash in their hands like vampires. Once I turn it off the sim can put dishes into dishwasher without problem.

Message 4 of 25 (2,447 Views)
Highlighted

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [ROM] Sims can't clean up while "Always Transportalate&qu

★★★ Apprentice
Same issue for me, toggling transportalate off fixes the problem.
Additionally I'm having a similar issue with food, as in they will fetch a bowl of food from the fridge and then place it down on a table rather than automatically eat it. Seems like any scenario where the sim should teleport with an item they will just cancel the action instead.
Message 5 of 25 (2,416 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

It happens 100% of the time, like others mentioned it definitely has something to with the spellcasters not being able to use the teleportation spell while holding an item. The sims aren't able to cast the teleport spell with anything in their hand, regardless of position, placement, or location of the item. If the sims are in walking distance they will walk, but as soon as their out of range to walk, they'll attempt to "transportalate", which results in the sim dropping the item I (very nicely) asked them to clean up. It's not a huge deal but it is quite an inconvenience. The spell was supposed to make moving around easier and faster, but just resulted in making another issue. It's unlikely but I hope they look into it and maybe  add a one handed animation for casting while holding food or anything that the sims hold. Also, I forgot to mention I've never had any issues with sims washing dishes or taking out the trash.

Edit 1: 

I've realized that actions like cleaning up seem to just bug out on my laptop, which is way lower end than my pc. But I feel like on lower end machines tedious actions like that just seem to glitch out and not work. Just my experience though. 

Edit 2: 

I've realized it with vampires also but wasn't going to comment due to the fact that I don't play them as much, but yeah that's an issue too. I find it quite irritating because I like having the "always transportalate" option enabled, but I also like not having to hire a maid to clean a dish that's across the house. Probably just me though XD

(As a tip you can edit your own post to add information) - Atic 
Message 6 of 25 (2,393 Views)

★ Guide
@Cammy2123 oh, interesting observation. I'm on a Mac Air, which I think would count as low-end in specs.
Message 7 of 25 (2,386 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@simmyfroggy Yeah that's a possibility. Although still playable, I find it confusing how the game is "optimized" for low end machines, yet even higher end laptops have trouble running at peak performance. Annoying to me because it is an amazing game, just wish it ran better on a wider variety of machines.
Message 8 of 25 (2,383 Views)

Glitch with sims carrying things

★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? ?
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Bringing laundry to the washer or carrying dishes to clean up when the sim has always use teleport or broom on
What happens when the bug occurs? Sim does not complete the action
What do you expect to see? Sims bring laundry to the washer or dishes to the dishwasher or sink
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Anytime the sim is supposed to clean up dishes or bring laundry to the washer when always use broom or teleport is selected they will not complete the action.

Message 9 of 25 (2,297 Views)

Re: Glitch with sims carrying things

Hero
@mdkisrow I merged your post with existing thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 25 (2,273 Views)