by SqueamishNerd

Original Post

[OPEN] [ROM] Sims Stops Having Their Familiar Present

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Svenska
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.55.105.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansion packs, Vampires, Jungle Adventures, StrangerVille, Realm of Magic, Kids Room Stuff, Luxury Party Stuff, Holiday Celebration Stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Make a sim have a familiar present, after a while the familiar will disappear (go back to the void or whatever it's called). It happens randomly when you play a sim, and it happens all the time when you play with another household.
What happens when the bug occurs? When a sim has a familiar present for a while.
What do you expect to see? That if a sim has a familiar present it will stay present even if I play with other households.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

So, if my sim has a familiar present after a while it disappears without me telling them to do so. If I play with another household the familiars always go back to the void. it feels odd that they won't stay present, because when you're in the Realm, or anywhere for that sake, you expect sims with familiars to still have them present when you meet them. Now it's just the played sim who has it (and even when you play with them the familiar suddenly will go back to the void without me telling them to), and that takes away a bit of the magical feeling.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 14 (3,658 Views)

Re: Sims Stops Having Their Familiar Present

Hero
@SqueamishNerd I sometimes get a message that they don't have room to spawn and then they disappear. Did you never get such a message ?

As for rotational play, I'm assuming that's cause they go about their lives while you're not playing them.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 14 (3,597 Views)

★★★★ Pro

I've never got any messages about them not having room to spawn.

Message 3 of 14 (3,591 Views)

Hero
@SqueamishNerd Do they disappear only when you travel somewhere or also randomly at your house when you're moving about ?

Any idea if it's when you're going to certain places (like taking a shower maybe) ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 14 (3,589 Views)

★★★★ Pro

I happens randomly, haven't noticed it happen on specific occasions. Not when showering, bathing, sleeping, going to the toilet or anything like that.

Message 5 of 14 (3,574 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

I can confirm this.. not sure if times out on buff or bug,  so random when it does. you can have them out for hours then gone the next

Message 6 of 14 (3,493 Views)

Champion

@crinrict, I can confirm this too.Frown  However I'm not sure if they disappear randomly, or jus when I'm traveling.Wondering  I was not playing rotationally at the time, and I have no Mods/CC. Angel

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 7 of 14 (3,479 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I just figured it was by design.  That they only stayed for a limited amount of time and then you had to summon them again.

Message 8 of 14 (3,460 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@PugLove888For me it doesn't happen when I travel.

Message 9 of 14 (3,452 Views)

EA Sims Team

Sul Sul everyone!

First of all, thanks so much for your reports. This does really help our team a lot! We are continuing to investigate the issue, however, we have not been able to reproduce it successfully yet.
If you don't mind sharing a save file with us, that would indeed be super awesome as it would help our team a lot to gather further information about this issue!

By clicking >here<, a new tab will be opened with further instructions on how to share save files with our team.

Thanks all and Happy Simming!

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 10 of 14 (3,363 Views)