Re: [OPEN] [ROM] Scary magicky sound on home lot

by ZaiAndean

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [ROM] Scary magicky sound on home lot

★★★ Guide

Update: pretty sure its any potions you have made...or are ON YOU.

If you have potions sitting somewhere you will hear the sound when you get close to them. Or any in your inventory your sim makes the noise. 😄

Message 11 of 17 (830 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [ROM] Scary magicky sound on home lot

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

My Sim is not a spellcaster so she doesn't have any potions in her inventory or anywhere near her, she just went to the RoM to hangout. I am hearing the sound in (right now in this save) in Newcrest and her home town in the desert town that came with the base game that I totally forgot its name right now.

The potions do make a sound but I don’t think is the same one that the portal makes.

Maybe, in your case, you were hearing the potions sound and not the portal one idk.

Message 12 of 17 (824 Views)

★ Novice
@crinrictEtienneHauber Same! I thought i was the only person with this problem. I hope they fix this soon, its a very annoying bug.
Message 13 of 17 (789 Views)

Magic portal sound at home lot bug

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Español
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.55.108.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Expansions: Cats & Dogs, City Living, Get Famous, Get Together, Seasons Game Packs: Dine Out, Jungle Adventure, Realm of Magic, Vampires Stuff Packs: Spooky Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? By entering the magic realm and then coming back to your home lot
What happens when the bug occurs? The sound of the magic portal stays loud and creepy without stopping at my home lot
What do you expect to see? This sound is not supposed to be at my home lot
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. After I installed the new game pack Realm of Magic

‌I noticed this sound as soon as I entered the game after purchasing Realm of Magic.
I instantly knew it was about the Magic Realm, so I thought that I had to visit this place for it to stop. I saw it as a 'call' from the magic realm (It reminded me a lot those 'weird sounds in the sky' videos in 2013 xD), but this couldn't fix it. 
I restarted my game and the sound stopped, but as soon as I went to the Magic realm and then came back to my home lot, the sound started again.

Video: https://www.dropbox.com/s/cp6trfp5uvp2uda/V%C3%ADdeo-32%20%28convert-video-online.com%29.mp4?dl=0

Message 14 of 17 (789 Views)

Re: Magic portal sound at home lot bug

★★★★★ Guide

Just to add a little bit of information, it is not isolated to home lots, either. I am hearing the same thing regardless of what lot I travel to. It's most apparent on any lots that don't have much ambient noise. (For example, I hear it on Orchid-A-Go-Go in Del Sol Valley.)

- B

Message 15 of 17 (722 Views)

★ Guide

Yep this happens to me. Anytime I travel from the Magic Realm to anywhere else this world music plays. I'll reference san myshuno a lot because that is where the sims I am playing live in this save.

It plays when I use the portal to go to Glimmerbrook. It plays when I go from glimmerbrook to san myshuno right after that.

It plays when I go directly from the realm of magic to san myshuno using the "home" icon by the sim's headshot.

When I try to go to manage worlds from san myshuno (when the sound effect from the magic realm is still playing) and then come back to the active lot (that isn't the magic realm) from manage worlds this still plays. If I exit to main menu and come back to my household in san myshuno, the magic realm sound is STILL playing.

This sound only goes away if I completely restart my game and return to the active lot/home lot. But once I go back to the magic realm it still occurs.

This still happens even once I repair my game from origin.

So far I haven't tried it when I use the phone to travel but I bet it still happens then too.

Message 16 of 17 (692 Views)

Re: Scary magicky sound on home lot

Hero

Fixed an issue in which sounds from The Magic Realm could be heard in Del Sol Valley if you had Get Famous installed.

Fixed in Patch 1.59.73

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 17 of 17 (4,389 Views)