Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [ROM] Scary magicky sound on home lot

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.55.105.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? By playing on a home lot (?)
What happens when the bug occurs? I hear a scary sound that sounds related to (and started when I installed) Realm of Magic.
What do you expect to see? I'm expecting to just play on my lot without hearing the sound. My sim lives in Del Sol Valley, in The Pinnacles, on "The Ward Den" lot. The sound is coming from the far left corner (when looking at the city) of the lot.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I've uploaded a video file here:

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AsbHZXFvhB4Ug5FCUT0mmbnzjv0_-g?e=yeedO7

Message 1 of 17 (4,200 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Scary magicky sound on home lot

Hero

Fixed an issue in which sounds from The Magic Realm could be heard in Del Sol Valley if you had Get Famous installed.

Fixed in Patch 1.59.73

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 17 of 17 (4,202 Views)

All Replies

Hero
@EtienneHauber Just to be sure, did you test without mods installed ?

Does it get stuck or just play and then go away ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 17 (4,143 Views)

Hero
@EtienneHauber Are you still having issues with this ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 3 of 17 (4,088 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Pro
@crinrict I have this occasionally too - not on my home lot, but on public lots. It happened in San Myshuno and Granite Falls. Obviously the game sometimes plays the Magic World sound in other places. I think quitting and re-entering the game fixes this.
Message 4 of 17 (4,061 Views)

Realm of Magic: Portal sound everywhere bug.

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.55.108.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Every single expansion, game pack and stuff pack.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have your Sim go to the Realm of Magic, stay there for a few sim hours, go back to your town, stay there for a few sim minutes or hours, go to a community lot and move the camera around. Eventually you'll start hearing the creepy sound the portal makes. Sometimes I even hear it in my Sims house. No portal nearby.
What happens when the bug occurs? I am hearing the sound the portal of RoM makes even when I am outside of the realm. Even in other base game towns.
What do you expect to see? For the sound to stop outside of when I am standing next to a portal...
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Right after I installed Realm of Magic. The bug has not stopped since.

I have attached a video of the sound. My Sim went to the Realm of Magic but she is not a spellcaster yet. We went to Newcrest to a restaurant to eat and the sound started, once again (which is what's shown in the video.)

This is my second save with this problem (I thought the 1st save was corrupted or something).

I have deleted all my CC, the bug persists.

I read somewhere else that some people are having the same issue. The only thing that "fixes" it, is closing the game and opening it up again. As soon as my Sim goes back to the Realm of Magic and comes back, the sound starts again.

Video

Message 5 of 17 (4,072 Views)

Re: Realm of Magic: Portal sound everywhere bug.

★★★★ Pro

Yes, we already have a thread about this. It's a very annoying bug.

Message 6 of 17 (4,049 Views)

Re: Realm of Magic: Portal sound everywhere bug.

★★★ Guide

Getting this too. The magic world lot's sound effects...everywhere else.

Message 7 of 17 (3,993 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [ROM] Scary magicky sound on home lot

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Creepy noise on my spell caster's home lot too.

Seems to happen when I zoom the camera in.

Message 8 of 17 (3,978 Views)

★★★★ Pro

I’ve heard it too, but it appears only when I come close to the potions I’ve put on a shelf in a specific house. I thought it came from the potions, but now when I think about it I realise that it sounds exactly like the portal.

Message 9 of 17 (3,965 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@SqueamishNerd Same here - I hear this sound when I zoom in on the room where all my Spellcaster Sim's potions are kept.

I kinda like it, actually. :-)
Message 10 of 17 (3,960 Views)