Original Post

Accepted Solution

[NEEDS SAVES] [ROM] Sages wont teach spells even though friends

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Deutsch
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.55.105.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All Expansions, Game Packs all but Vampire, Stuff pack all but Toddler, Romantic garden, Luxory Party
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Just klick on the sage and ask to teach spell.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sages wont teach spells when asked for because of not knowing me enough. Even though realtionship is friends.
What do you expect to see? All three sages to teach me spells when I ask them. Just like the one does.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. After installing ROM

The sages wont teach my sims spells. In my family are two spellcasters. Its a new save I made after installing ROM. Both are friends with all three sages. One is even best friends with L. Still L and Morgyn wont teach me spells. They still tell me they dont know me enough to share their knowledge. The relationship bar is more then half full. The interaction works fine with the third sage, he teaches me spells every so often, even though my relationship with him is way lower. I dont know what else to do.
All three of them are willing to teach me potions just fine.

Message 1 of 23 (9,740 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [ROM] Sages wont teach spells even though friends

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

Marked as Solution for Visibility Purposes Only

If anyone's still experiencing this issue, could you possibly share a save file where you've seen it occur? You can DM the link to me, thanks for the help!

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

View in thread

Message 19 of 23 (9,411 Views)

All Replies

Re: Sages wont teach spells even though friends

Hero
@Paradies100 I had this issue at one point shortly after I reached middle but now it's fine again

Were you never able to get them to teach you or did you not try before they become friends ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 23 (9,690 Views)

★★★ Novice
@crinrict I was never able with those two. The whole time they said they dont know me enough. At the beginning I did not think much of it. Because I thought my relationship level was to low, so I did some sozial interactions. Strangely it worked just fine with the other Simeon Guy. At the beginning he was telling me he does not know me enough, but pretty fast that changed after a few interactions. And now he is fine with teaching me magic. Which is strange for me as I would expect all or none of the Sages to work properly.
Message 3 of 23 (9,668 Views)

Hero
@Paradies100 OK. Thanks for the details.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 23 (9,664 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [ROM] Sages wont teach spells even though friends

★★ Guide

I had this today with Simeon, which was weird since his friendship bar is max green with my spellcaster. Then I started thinking and checked, and my spellcaster has learned all the spells that she can learn at her caster level. When she asks Simeon to teach her a new potion, he says she's learned all she can. 

In my case it's clearly just a lack of appropriate refusal text, the sage uses the 'don't know you well enough', instead of explaining that you need to get to the next level before you can learn new spells. Not sure if this is the case with the others, but worth checking.

Message 5 of 23 (9,640 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@Lumiasta That...makes so much more sense, thanks for mentioning it! I've also had this issue with Simeon despite the relationship panel saying I was "good friends" with him, and I bet it's because I've learned everything for my current caster rank, I hadn't even thought of that as an option. I've talked to him the most because I've been focusing on learning practical magic more often than the others, so that would explain why I'm still able to learn things from the other sages but not him at the moment.

It would be great if the text telling your Sim that they've learned all they can specifically mentions their caster rank when that's the limiting factor, because I was also a tad confused when getting the "you've learned all the potions" message when my spellbook clearly showed I hadn't yet.

Message 6 of 23 (9,625 Views)

★★★ Novice
@Lumiasta Great Idea, sadly does not seem to be the problem with my sims, Im a third rank spellcaster and only know the first two spells for untained and mischief magic. I should still be able to learn more. But good to know for the future.
Message 7 of 23 (9,621 Views)

Simeon is confusing

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.55.105.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything but Dine Out, Moschino Stuff Pack, My First Pets, and Luxury Party Stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Talk to Simeon to try to learn a new Practical Spell, while being close to Acolyte ranking, while already having the Repairio and Scruberoo spells
What happens when the bug occurs? When trying to learn a new spell while at Neophyte rank, Simeon talks to you and says basically to 'be friendly with him to be worthy, as he can't just teach just anyone'
What do you expect to see? Simeon saying to come back when you are a higher rank after already learning the two spells at the current rank
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Witch Sim being confused with Simeon.pngScreenshot provided

Message 8 of 23 (9,538 Views)

Re: Simeon is confusing

Hero
@Luckyissara Merged your thread with existing thread.

This seems to be an issue of a wrong text message. You can't learn anymore spells from that sage until you level up.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 23 (9,506 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Faba refuses to teach my spellcaster mischief magic despite high friendship bar. My sim doesn't know every spell for current level either.

Message 10 of 23 (9,500 Views)