Betreff: [OPEN] [ROM] Played/Faved households becoming spellcasters on their own

by Baylon7373

Original Post

Re: Random Households becoming Spellcaster

★★★★★ Guide

@SqueamishNerd : Ah, okay, thanks! Standard smile

Message 10 of 24 (1,212 Views)

Hero
@SqueamishNerd As I've said before, if it's played households, it's def a bug, that's why I'm asking.

Unplayed households can turn into spellcasters, that's not a bug but played and my household ones shouldn't

This: https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion-and-Feedback/Townies-randomly-becoming-Spellcasters/m-p... should have a bug thread here.

If it's not non-played Sims, it's by design that they can become spellcasters but I'm unsure of the exact rules.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 24 (1,199 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@crinrictI've created 24 sims (the majority are spellcasters the rest are humans) for the sole purpose of the game leaving my played households alone. I have 113 households (that's 372 sims) marked as favorites/played; 13 of those sims are spellcasters. Counting the 3 sages, that's 40 spellcasters in all, yet the game still draws from the 113 favorites/played.

Edit: After re-reading that, it sounded a little snarky. That wasn't my intent, sorry if it came off that way. 

Message 12 of 24 (1,178 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

I created a new bug report for this cause it shouldn't happen to played/faved households.

Merged some posts in here that were clearly about that.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 24 (1,021 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [ROM] Played/Faved households becoming spellcasters on their o

★★ Guide

I've had this happen to three favorited sims. All of them were marked unplayed though, but still in My Households category, and marked favorite. Majority of the sudden spellcaster transformations are within unplayed and unfavorited types, as they should, but can definitely confirm that being a favorite does not protect an unplayed sim 100% from becoming a spellcaster. Tricksy to change back when it's within households that I can't login to fix, like the household that has my unplayed vets, or a household that is the npc staff of a restaurant, since logging them in would make them lose their jobs.

Message 15 of 24 (977 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [ROM] Played/Faved households becoming spellcasters on their o

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

Those having faved but otherwise unplayed households becoming Spellcasters...do you suppose that they have to be played AND living on an actual Lot (as opposed to "Currently not in world") to be passed over for that? Thinking

EDIT: Sorry for the attached file! It's meant for the Feedback topic on this.

Message 16 of 24 (955 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@crinrict wrote:
@SqueamishNerdAs I've said before, if it's played households, it's def a bug, that's why I'm asking.

Unplayed households can turn into spellcasters, that's not a bug but played and my household ones shouldn't

This: https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion-and-Feedback/Townies-randomly-becoming-Spellcasters/m-p... should have a bug thread here.

If it's not non-played Sims, it's by design that they can become spellcasters but I'm unsure of the exact rules.

Oh, sorry, I must've gotten confused about which thread I was in.

Message 17 of 24 (911 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I recently got this pack. Tested it for a while (in test saved) and the same issue appeared. The unplayed household becoming spell casters. I'm just wondering, if this is default by design, would it be possible that they give us an option to toggle off or on who we want to be spell casters. I don't dare to check on my current saved file because I don't want anyone and everyone becoming spell casters. Else, can I avoid this by not visiting Glimmerbrook or the Magic realm at the moment?

Message 18 of 24 (860 Views)
Highlighted

Betreff: [OPEN] [ROM] Played/Faved households becoming spellcasters on their own

★★ Guide

Is this problem solved after the latest patch? It is not mentioned in the patch notes, but maby...

Message 19 of 24 (823 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [ROM] Played/Faved households becoming spellcasters on their own

Hero

Does this still happen to anyone ? The fix in Patch 1.59.73 is for unplayed ones (cause no one wanted that) but I wonder if it affects this too.

@Baylon7373  @x4m1r4  @SqueamishNerd  @Lumiasta 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 20 of 24 (768 Views)