Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [ROM] Children/Toddler Spellcasters have Alternate Form in Gallery

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.55.105.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Make a spellcaster child, upload to the gallery and look for their alternate forms to show up in the preview.
What happens when the bug occurs? Spellcaster kids and toddlers have alternate forms in the gallery.
What do you expect to see? Since spellcasters do not have alternate forms in CAS, they should not have alternate forms in the gallery preview.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

attached

Message 1 of 18 (5,311 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [ROM] Children/Toddler Spellcasters have Alternate Form in Gallery

[ Edited ]
Hero

● Fixed an issue with thumbnails generated in The Gallery for Toddlers that generated not only their Sim form but also included their Spellcaster form. We can only contain the cuteness so much!

Fixed in Patch 1.66.139/ 1.31

I did a quick test with mermaids as well and they looked fine to me. If you still have issues with other occult, please create a new thread.

Also unsure how this is affected toddlers already uploaded to the gallery. They might still be broken.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 18 of 18 (4,388 Views)

All Replies
Highlighted

Re: Children and Toddler Spellcasters have Alternate Form in Gallery Preview

★★ Guide

Noticed this as well. The two forms seem to be 'the toddler wearing what game gave her when she aged up from baby', and 'toddler wearing what I put on her from the dresser'. 

Message 2 of 18 (5,244 Views)

Re: Children and Toddler Spellcasters have Alternate Form in Gallery Preview

★★★★★ Guide

I think I saw something like that in the Gallery a while back, and was confused. Now I know why. X-D

Message 3 of 18 (5,175 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [ROM] Children/Toddler Spellcasters have Alternate Form in Gal

★★★★★ Apprentice

I have the same problem in my game. I do use mods though. But I tested without them and result was the same.

Message 4 of 18 (5,083 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [ROM] Children/Toddler Spellcasters have Alternate Form in Gal

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@simarchy123  @StarryMight 
I have a theory as to why this may be by design.
Occult Sims like aliens, vampires and mermaids have an alternate form which can (usually is) different.
Spellcasters are tagged as occult because they have the ability to use magic.
But technically they are just regular Sims with magical powers.
The gallery reads the occult tag and generates the alternate form.

It is only a theory but I am guessing it is by design.

- EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA
All packs installed and patches are current.
PC / Win 10
Never used CC or mods.

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 5 of 18 (5,048 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@EuphorialQueen: Hmm...that's unfortunate for Spellcasters if it's true, though. ^_^;

EDIT: Actually, I'd like to ask...do Vampire and Mermaid toddlers and kids have double forms in the Gallery too, even though their respective powers are obviously unawakened in their age groups?

Message 6 of 18 (5,023 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@StarryMight My mermaid toddlers do, have what seems to be this same issue, but none of the other mer-tots I've seen in the gallery do, and neither does the mermaid child in the same family, nor my vampire children in another household.

Edit* Here's what I see for some of my mer-tots, I was actually really freaked out when I saw this, because these 'dark forms' are missing their lower halves and these two in particular don't even look like how they looked before changing their hair and wardrobes

Sims 4 glich.pngSims 4 glitch 2.png

Message 7 of 18 (4,893 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [ROM] Children/Toddler Spellcasters have Alternate Form in Gallery

Hero (Retired)

I am seeing this on the PS4. My when I went to save the current family to the library, the child was shown with two forms.

The Sims™ 4_20191223081951.jpg

Message 8 of 18 (4,757 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@StarryMight I saw this issue on vampire toddlers.
Message 9 of 18 (4,618 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@KittyCoSim: I've actually seen that once, too. Even more interestingly/freakily, the toddler's Dark Form looked like a creepy doll. X-D (I wonder how the author managed that. I couldn't find it again, though.)

@Axandrela : Just noticed your pics. "Mermaid Form" is more accurate in this case, but I can see why you freaked out...no lower body because they have no tails!

Message 10 of 18 (4,590 Views)