Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [ROM] Can't complete task for spellcaster aspirations

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.55.105.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All packs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Set "SpellCraft and Sorcery" aspiration for your sim. Go to Magic Realm and turn your sim to spell caster and do the last quest.
What happens when the bug occurs? Can't complete the "Learn a Spell" quest
What do you expect to see? Can complete the "Learn a Spell" quest
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I try to do this quest many ways to do, I try to learn magic from the sages, from tome, practice by simself and duel for knowledge, but the quest is still uncomplete. Till now my sim have learn all of magic. I'm not sure if it's a bug that can happen to sim that have been vampire before.

Message 1 of 51 (10,419 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [ROM] Can't complete task for spellcaster aspirations

[ Edited ]
Hero

Fixed an issue where some Spellcasters would not complete the “Learn a Spell” goal, even though they would learn a Spell.

Fixed in Patch 1.59.73

I'm going to mark this as fixed. If you're on PC/Mac and still have issues, please let me know

Thread for console: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-XB1-PS4-ROM-Can-t-complete-the-quot-Learn-a-Spell/...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 48 of 51 (7,469 Views)

All Replies

Re: I Can't complete the "Learn a Spell" quest for SpellCraft & So

Hero
@LittleDinosaurPG Did you create a new Sim or is the Sim a former vampire ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 51 (10,334 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm having the same problem.

I own all the game packs and expansions, and I have a character from before that I brought in from Sulani (never been a vampire). I can learn new spells, but the aspiration won't complete no matter how many spells I learn or how I learn them.

Restarting the game hasn't helped.

I haven't tried creating a new character yet, but I'll try that today. It seems there are hundreds of other people with the same problem though, might just be a thing to fix in the code.

Message 3 of 51 (10,203 Views)

Hero
@redrubynail Was the Sim some other occult before ?

Did you travel ? There's several other issues with stuff not completing when you go travelling.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 51 (10,199 Views)

★★ Novice

Never been an occult of any kind. 

She did travel once, waaaay before magic was installed. 

I feel like it shouldn't be a problem that people have previously travelled. So, what, they risk never being able to travel again? (rhetorical question).

But I'll try with a brand new character later. We'll see. 

Message 5 of 51 (10,183 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@redrubynail That would be a bug. Just trying to figure out if it's the general issue with traveling borking several things checking off or if something else is going on.

It's difficult atm :D

Keeping separate for now .. could be also be an issue with existing Sims.

I'll do some more testing.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 51 (10,170 Views)

[RoM] Spellcasting/Energy path aspiration doesn't work properly

★★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Русский язык
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Latest
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try tu fullfil the new Spellcasting aspiration
What happens when the bug occurs? any task about learning spells doesn't work, no mater in which way you learn a spell
What do you expect to see? Learning spells counting towards the goals
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

any task about learning spells doesn't work, no mater in which way you learn a spell, spells won't count

Message 7 of 51 (10,123 Views)
Highlighted

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [ROM] Can't complete Learn A Spell for SpellCraft & Sorcer

★ Apprentice

I have a similar problem with the Potion Producer aspiration: The task is to learn a potion and it's still incomplete although I have already learned 5 potions. My sim is an in-game-born, never was a vampire or any other occult before. My game is up-to-date.

I have already repaired my game, I have traveled, I have re-started the game. I don't use mods or any CC.

Message 8 of 51 (10,109 Views)

Re: [RoM] Spellcasting/Energy path aspiration doesn't work properly

[ Edited ]
Hero

@rostsit Is this for the ghost as well ? We already have a thread for this (or actually two) one for former occults and one for normal sims .. not sure what a ghost would count for.

EDIT: Tested it on an old save and had no issue with the task fulfilling.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 51 (10,119 Views)

Re: [RoM] Spellcasting/Energy path aspiration doesn't work properly

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

Yes, with the same ghost. It's a "human" ghost, it CAN became spellcaster, so the game doesn't see it as an occult

Message 10 of 51 (10,093 Views)