Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [ROM] Book don't count for reading aspiration with knowledge

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Deutsch
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.55.105
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all of them, including Realm of Magic
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try reading a book
What happens when the bug occurs? Reading a book that came with "Realm of Magic" does not count towards the "reading 3 books" Goal from "Renaissance Sim" (Spell books do not count either, but i had expected the other novels to count)
What do you expect to see? I expect that every book i read count
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Installed ROM

Tbh I tried completing the goal with spell books, Rom novels and regular novels, none of them seemed to count. But that was in Glimmerbrook, in Oasis Springs it worked with regular books, unsure if the problem lies with the ROM books or Glimmerbrook itself..

Message 1 of 36 (11,680 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: ROM Books do not count

[ Edited ]
Hero

Spellcasters with the “Knowledge is Magic” Perk will now be able to complete the “Finish Reading 3 Books” aspiration goal.

Fixed in Patch 1.59.73

Use this thread if you're on console: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-PS4-XB1-Book-don-t-count-for-reading-aspiration-wi...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 34 of 36 (8,246 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Pro

My sim read spell books in the Realm of Magic neighbourhood and they counted towards the goal of reading three books for the renaissance sim aspiration for him. I have not tried to read books in Glimmerbrook itself. 

I have no mods or cc, regularly delete my localthumbcache file and I did repair my game after installing ROM. 

Best regards,

Jennifer 

Message 2 of 36 (11,586 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Esmeria This could be related to the general goals not fulfilling when travelling issue.

Do you have issues with other goals as well ?

Does your Sim have the Knowledge is Magic perk ?

Could you also please enter your game version ? Here's instructions: https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2018/07/how-to-find-your-game-version-number/ and here's reason why: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/PLEASE-READ-Break-Aug-19th-Aug-25th/m-p/7228122#M101403

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 36 (11,563 Views)

"Knowledge is Magic" blocks "Finish Reading 3 books"

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.55.105.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All Expansion Packs; All Game Packs; All Free Stuffs; My First Pet Stuff; Laundry Day Stuff; Vintage Glamour Stuff; Backyard Stuff; Spooky Stuff; Cool Kitchen Stuff; Perfect Patio Stuff; Luxury Party Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Play a new character. 2. Activate Nerd Brain or Renaissance Sim aspiration. 3. Read a book until finished. You should get 1/3 for 'finish 3 books' 4. Be a spellcaster. 5. Get 1 level of being a spellcaster. 6. Take Knowledge is Magic perk. 7. Finish reading a (or many) different book(s). You shouldn't be able to satisfy 'finish 3 books'.
What happens when the bug occurs? Finishing a book does not trigger "Finish Reading 3 Books" step in Nerd Brain/Renaissance Sim Aspiration.
What do you expect to see? The count for "Finish Reading 3 Books" should go up when a book is finished.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I installed the recent patch that came together with Realm of Magic Game Pack.

I haven't tested under other circumstances. The traits of my characters were always "Cheerful", "Geek" and "Bookworm".

My guess is something in "knowledge is magic" coding blocks the scripts to trigger "Finish Reading 3 Books" count up.

Message 4 of 36 (11,555 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Hi Crinrict, 

I have not had the issue with other goals yet, my second sim successfully completed two aspirations without problems yesterday (They also have the Knowledge is Magic perk). 

The sim i had trouble with is Morgyn Ember (who has the knowlegde is magic perk too), who my sim married. For him it was impossible to achieve the "read 3 books" goal... I cheated it, and the later goals worked fine. 

My game version is  1.55.105.1020

Hope that helps, Esmeria

Message 5 of 36 (11,509 Views)

Hero
@Esmeria guess we can safely say it's related to the perk then.

Was also able to duplicate that.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 36 (11,504 Views)

★★★★ Pro

I just went in and checked again with my second sim who had not yet completed reading the three books for the knowledge aspiration (she only had one of three done).  I can see she now has the Knowledge is Magic perk and when I had her read another spell book it did not count.  The first sim who did get the three books counted did have the Knowledge is Magic perk, however I can't recall when I got the perk, before or after he had completed that part.  I expect it was after.

Best regards,
Jennifer

Message 7 of 36 (11,454 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [ROM] Book don't count for reading aspiration with knowledge

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Polish
How often does the bug occur? Always (100%), tested extensively on about five books including rereading and browsing them for hours.
What is your current game version number? 1.55.105.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions, all game packs including Realm of Magic, stuff packs: Cool Kitchen Stuff, Spooky Stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff, Romantic Garden Stuff, Kids Room Stuff, Backyard Stuff, Vintage Glamour Stuff, Bowling Night Stuff, Toddler Stuff, Laundry Day Stuff; free packs: Holiday Celebration, Grim's Ghoulish Guitar

Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? While having the spellcaster perk "Knowledge Is Magic" which makes reading books faster and having Renaissance Sim aspiration on Prudent Student level active and/or Read a Book whim. Books belonged to the active Sim from his bookshelf in his house Daisy Hovel in Willow Creek, some were purchased others came with the shelf. They were read in Sim's house. The Sim in question was made a spellcaster in CAS. Knowledge is Magic was his first perk taken and alongside hje also had perks Mote Hound and Insightful Eye. The books were all non-fiction, none were spell books.
What happens when the bug occurs? Books read does not register for neither Read a Book whim nor Renaissance Sim aspiration first requirement Finish Reading 3 Books.
What do you expect to see? Books read registering for both Read a Book whim and Renaissance Sim aspiration Finish Reading 3 Books requirement. And when I removed the Knowledge is Magic perk with a potion a new book read did register for the Finish Reading 3 Books requirement (not tested for the whim as I couldn't get it again for now).
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? No.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No.

@daWhiteBAG Additional note: Reading a book registered correctly for the Scientist career track daily task at work while having Knowledge is Power perk. The very same book did not register for the aspiration.

Message 8 of 36 (11,332 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [ROM] Book don't count for reading aspiration with knowledge

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@EA_CadeEsmeria
My Sims always read book in the Oasis Springs Library. I tried to complete the subgoal of Nerd Brain Aspiration: finish reading 3 books. Well, only one book count: Gardening Vol.1, the other two don't: Ligic Vol.1 and Handiness Vol.1. Those two was OK before I installed 'Realm of Magic'.

Yes, I have some mods, but I also had those mods installed before.

Edit: I've removed all the mods except for those like skin, eyebrows for my sim, and retested it. Unfortunately, the same. I have no idea why the first one will be fulfilled.

Message 9 of 36 (11,287 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [ROM] Book don't count for reading aspiration with knowledge

★★★★ Novice

I'm having the same issue with both of my Sims.  I've never installed any mods or other types of non-EA custom content, but I do have all packs.  NEITHER of my Sims have the Knowledge is Magic perk though.  I'm having other issues since installing Realm, too... objects that stop interacting, Sims that freeze, etc.  Fingers crossed.  

Message 10 of 36 (11,216 Views)