by NennaRC

Original Post

[OPEN] Puddles spawning underneath bathtub and cannot be mopped up

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.24
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Give a toddler a bath.
What happens when the bug occurs? After bathing the toddler, puddles spawn that are partially underneath the bathtub where the Sims cannot mop them. When you cue them to mop the puddle, they just stand there waving their hand with the thought bubble over their head indicating that they can’t go there. I have tried changing to a different kind of tub, but the issue persists.
What do you expect to see? I expect the puddle to spawn next to the tub where a Sim can mop it up, and not mostly underneath the tub where they can’t.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Not being able to mop up the puddle is a problem because the Sims then get a constant uncomfortable moodlet from “unpleasant surroundings”. The only way to remove the puddle is to go in Build Mode, remove the tub, go back into Live Mode, have Sim mop the puddle that was underneath the tub, go back to Build Mode and put the tub back in place. Obviously, this is a problem as it happens every time you bath a toddler. And my game has a tendency to crash when exiting Build Mode. :-( 

EDIT by Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Added Base Game Version Number

Message 1 of 10 (6,029 Views)

Re: Puddles spawning underneath bathtub and cannot be mopped up

Hero
@KEW0701 Does this happen with every bath tub in every house ?

Did you maybe plate the bathtub with moveObjects on ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 10 (5,973 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@crinrict It happens with various objects. I've had it happen with sinks, toilets, tubs, showers. It depends on where the "puddle" randomly spawns. Sometimes it will spawn under the device itself and can't be mopped up. Have to move the device, have the sim mop it up, and move it back.

It's actually a little bit of a problem because if you have a scheduled maid, the maid will hang around all day trying to mop it up and continuously failing before eventually giving up at the end of the day, and charge you for hours and hours of "work".
Message 3 of 10 (5,955 Views)

★ Guide

Originally, I had the bb.moveobjects cheat on when I decorated the bathroom. However, after the problem kept occurring, I turned cheats off, gutted the bathroom and re-did the entire room with no cheats. But even after doing that, an inaccessible puddle under the tub continues to spawn every time someone uses the tub/shower. The only way to remove it is to go into Build Mode and move the tub, switch back to Live Mode and have a Sim mop it up, switch back to Build Mode to replace the tub, and then switch back to Live Mode. Not only is that cumbersome and time consuming, but my game very often crashes and gives me that PS4 37848 error code when I exit Build Mode to go back into Live Mode. The world I’m having the issue in is Sulani. I just went into a household in Glimmerbrook and had a Sim take a bath. A puddle spawned from that halfway across the room. And it seems that a puddle spawns every single time someone uses the tub/shower. Is it supposed to be happening that frequently? I know it happens every time you bathe a toddler (and rightfully so), but I don’t remember it happening every single time an adult Sim bathed or showered. 

Message 4 of 10 (5,895 Views)

Hero
@KEW0701 Could depend on the traits of the Sim using the tub.

Does it happen in just that bathroom ? Or also in other houses ? Could you upload the house to the gallery ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 10 (5,866 Views)
Highlighted

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Puddles spawning underneath bathtub and cannot be mopped up

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I can confirm that this is a problem. Some puddles under bathtubs are not reachable to mop and the sims shrug and confirm with a red x in a thought bubble they can't reach it.

Message 6 of 10 (5,748 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Puddles spawning underneath bathtub and cannot be mopped up

★★★★ Apprentice

I've had this happen a lot. Puddles form under the tub, or under the toilet or basin, and the sim can't mop it up until I remove the plumbing fixtures in build mode. It's a dreadful nuisance.

Message 7 of 10 (5,313 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Puddles spawning underneath bathtub and cannot be mopped up

★★★★ Apprentice
@KEW0701 Necroing this thread to say I'm having this on PC. Bathed a toddler and now there's an inaccessible puddle under the tub. I don't use MoveObjects.
Message 8 of 10 (4,519 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@crinrict Problem is still happening. I have to the move the furniture to fix most times, in several different houses. I only have base game.
Message 9 of 10 (2,606 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Also happens to me, very annoying!

Message 10 of 10 (34 Views)