★★★★ Expert

I've had drinking obsessions before this bug, but in that case it was usually:

Sim:  [gets glass of water]

Sim:  [slurps loudly]  NUM!!!

Sim:  [slurrrrrp!] NUM!!!!

Sim's bladder need:  [deeply in red]

Sim:  [gets another glass of water]

Sim:  [slurrrrrrrrrrp!!!] NUM!!!!!!!

Me:  Will. You. STOP!!! and use the bathroom!

Now it's:

Sim: [gets glass of water]

Sim: [wanders the house drinking]

Sim:  [notices puddle and starts complaining about the squalor and unpleasant surroundings]

Sim: [goes to get more water to drown their sorrows?]

Me:  STOP! CANCEL.  Mop.

Sim:  [mops, then heads towards the sink thinking of a nice glass of water]

Me: [cancels and queues up a long list of lengthy tasks that don't involve drinking water]

Message 51 of 112 (1,179 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Puddles after drinking water

★★★★★ Guide

@xochiquetzl_xkvn  This is so bad!  I've no sinks, bars or anything water related in my house.  That can't be right!  I try to keep them busy with their acting skills all the time or looking after the garden, but otherwise, there's no interaction between sims and just lust for water (or in my case now, juice from the fridge). When they get to their acting gigs, they're queued up for drinking from the bathroom sink, which I have to cancel in order to get the gig done in time!  GAAAH!

Message 52 of 112 (1,165 Views)

Re: Puddles after drinking water

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

The problem seems to have been fixed... or at least on my end. My Sims can drink again without spilling water everywhere and getting uncomfortable!

Really hope it's fixed for everyone, and not just me.

EDIT: I jinxed myself. It's only one Sim in the household of 5 that it's not happening with. Her husband just had a glass of water and spilled it after drinking. I really wanna screech whenever this happens!! It's not gonna stop me playing the game, but goodness gracious is it ever annoying!? I hope EA makes a patch for this within the next few weeks or so. However long it takes doesn't matter too much to me--I just want mine and everyone else's Sims to stop spilling water whenever they drink because it's becoming a nuisance having to make sure I stop them before they touch the glass to their lips.

Message 53 of 112 (1,129 Views)

Sims leave puddles of water after drinking

★★★★ Novice

Has anyone else run into this problem? My sim will drink a glass of water and then, whether I cancel out the interaction or she finishes drinking said water, a puddle will appear behind her. It's like she just threw the glass of water behind her instead of drinking it. I am just wondering if this is a weird glitch with my game or if other people have had this problem.

Message 54 of 112 (1,121 Views)

Re: Sims leave puddles of water after drinking

★★★ Pro

@coltsfan017 Its a known bug I've linked the bug report here [OPEN] Puddles after drinking water - Answer HQ (ea.com) 

Message 55 of 112 (1,096 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@Gednaa wrote:

My sims have started grabbing water like there's no tomorrow since the patch and I have it switched off in MCC.  I hope MCC will do an update soon.  So now I can't stop them drinking as well as puddles, which I've had to fix with yet another mod!  Doh!

Same exact thing for me. They're always grabbing water nonstop from anywhere they can get it. I've been playing since late 2019 and have rarely seen my sims drinking water, milk, juice, soda, etc on their own. They will make drinks from the portable bar on their own, but rarely will drink them. But since the January 21st patch, they have been guzzling water like its chocolate milk! Someone borked something. It would be nice If someone from EA commented on this.

Message 56 of 112 (1,068 Views)

The sims is leaking puddles

★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.70.84.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? EXPANSION PACKS Eco Life Style Discover University Island Living Get Famous Seasons Cats and Dogs City Living Get Together Get to Work Snowy Escape GAME PACKS Realm of Magic Strangerville Jungle Adventure Parenthood Vampires Dine Out Spa Day Outdoor Retreat STUFF PACKS Nifty Knitting Tiny Living Moschino Toddler Fitness Vintage Glamour Backyard Luxury Party Paranormal FREE Holiday Celebration Grims Ghoulish Guitar
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Not sure it happens randomly across all saves. And this started Prior to Paranormal.
What happens when the bug occurs? Random puddles show up, in and outside of the home. No one peed themselves and I have checked the roof for leaks and rodents.. But in each save although random.... seem to appear in the same places.. There seems to be at least two locations .
What do you expect to see? Not to see puddles if there is no reseason
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I will take the time later to remove mods.. I did have mods removed for something else and it , I believe, still happened can check again if needed. Just running out of time tonight to do so.. but I am tired of mopping puddles.

Message 57 of 112 (1,060 Views)

Re: The sims is leaking puddles

Champion

Hi @RavenLure !  Perhaps your issue is similar to the one in this open bug report.  Apparently drinking water now causes puddles in the floor.  Some speculate it is related to the paranormal pack patch.  If you think your issue is the same, maybe add your "me too".

[OPEN] Puddles after drinking water - Answer HQ (ea.com)

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Please help other players:
Add XP to posts you think are helpful.
Click Accept As Solution for posts that resolve your issue.
Happy Simming!

Message 58 of 112 (1,047 Views)

Re: The sims is leaking puddles

★★★ Guide

This has been happening before Paranormal... I just reached my limit with it...... 

And it is Bonehilda who drinks water and causes puddles and she hollers about it LOL. But my issue predates that.

Message 59 of 112 (1,037 Views)

★★★ Guide

I would put a ME TOO on this but, my  puddles just appear out of no where when my sim is not around. I have my own thread.

Message 60 of 112 (1,028 Views)