Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Puddles after drinking water

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.37.13.2300
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? base game only
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? have sim drink water
What happens when the bug occurs? sim leaving puddles after finishing water
What do you expect to see? no puddles
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. only started after recent update

Today I noticed puddles of water and had no idea what they were from. I then noticed it when sims were getting water from a sink and thought it might be from the sink itself, but after checking many times I realized it was appearing after the sim finished drinking the water. I also wanted to make sure it wasn't only when getting water from a sink, so I tried getting water from a bar. I started with just having my sim get water at their own bar, then traveled to an actual bar lot and ordered water there, and every time there were puddles when my sim finished drinking. I tried switching households and characters, and also tried starting a new save but it still happened.

So far it happens every single time my sim drinks a glass of water, regardless of where they got it from and regardless of where they actually drink it. If they stand to drink, it appears at their feet as if they peed themselves. If they sit to drink, it seems to appear on a nearby unoccupied floor tile. It wasn't happening before the recent patch, and only started happening after installing the update.

It's bad enough that sims can be obsessed with drinking water, but now it also seems I have to clean up puddles after they finish. I could understand if it was intentional and happened at a very low rate, because hey people spill drinks, but for it to happen every time is too much.

Users playing on computer, see post 3 of this topic for a potential solution: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-Common-Game-Fixing-Mods-Hero-Approved/m-p/9836567

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 112 (13,364 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] Puddles after drinking water

Hero

Is your Sim creating puddles as they drink water? We have tweaked and duct-taped every leak your Sims could have so this should no longer occur.

Fixed in Patch 1.72.28/ 1.39

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 112 of 112 (5,526 Views)

All Replies

Re: Puddles after drinking water

★★ Apprentice

having same issue but on the pc

Message 2 of 112 (13,273 Views)

★★ Guide
@valohim666 I have the same problem. I think it's because paranormal stuff pack brings Bonehilda and what I know when she drinks water she leaves puddle on the floor.
Message 3 of 112 (13,266 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@Maysbat  Oh man, I remember being so annoyed with Bonehilda in Sims 3 when it came to drinks. It seemed so obsessed with the bars that it got to the point where I learned to make my own autonomy mods just to disable Bonehilda from using them. Now the curse of Bonehilda is back to haunt me lol. Knowing Bonehilda has that kind of behavior when drinking water does at least explain the puddles, though it doesn't explain why normal sims are leaving them behind.

Also, this is yet another reason why they need to stop adding pack specific data into games that don't have those packs. I'm sure it's easier to just release one universal update that covers everything, but it's also problematic at times. It's something they've been doing since at least Sims 3, and it really sucks when a problem pops up that is connected to a pack you don't even have. Reminds me of how in Sims 3 Supernatural the game could reference becoming a self employed alchemist, your sim could even roll the want for it, but without the specific expansion that allowed self employed careers there was nothing you could do.

Message 4 of 112 (13,237 Views)

Random puddles

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.70.84.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats & Dogs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? By testing it out in the game?
What happens when the bug occurs? Every time my sim finishes drinking a glass of water, a random puddle appears next to them and they become uncomfortable from dirty surroundings. Nothing breaks that would cause the puddle either. I think this started to happen after the very recent update.
What do you expect to see? A puddle shouldn't appear after drinking a glass of water.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I'm sorry I couldn't get any screen shots, my laptop wouldn't do it whilst I was in the game.

Message 5 of 112 (13,231 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I keep seeing random puddles, but couldn't figure out where they were coming from!

Message 6 of 112 (13,213 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

generic_consume_drink_water features the following snippet:

<V t="create_object">
<U n="create_object">
<V n="creation_data" t="definition">
<U n="definition">
<T n="definition">21127</T>
</U>
</V>
</U>
</V>

... without any tests - same ID is listed in objects.puddles as well, btw

Message 7 of 112 (13,196 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

I’m having the exact same issue on PC....puddles showing up all over the lot when sim drinks water. 

Message 8 of 112 (13,006 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Looks like your sims don't even need to finish the water for the puddles to appear. Just have them take even a single sip of the water, and then cancel the interaction and you still get puddles. So yeah if you see your sim going for water and don't want the puddles, don't let them drink any of it. Just thought I'd mention it in case anyone assumes it only happens when sims finish the water, and think they can just cancel the interaction before a sim finishes.

Message 9 of 112 (12,982 Views)

★★ Guide

OMG I've been going on all day about why my sims living in one of the penthouses in San Myshuno had glasses all over and puddles everywhere. 

Also a PC player. Also only happening since the update.

Message 10 of 112 (12,961 Views)