Random puddle after sim drinks..

by iamoz96

Original Post

Re: Puddles after drinking water

★★★★ Guide

@crinrict   I no longer play on computer (according to Origin I haven't played since March of 2019), and would need to reinstall the game to even test it. I've been trying to do just that, though my internet has been complete rubbish lately and I need to wait on the game to finish installing. Unless someone beats me to it, I'll edit this to let you know if it works or not once I get the game reinstalled.

I would actually just recommend MCCC to players on computer anyway. With autonomy mods you have to hope they still work with new game patches, and if not hope they get updated for the new patches, and if you have a bunch of mods that could be messy. The MC Tuner option in MCCC just needs MCCC to work with the latest game patches, and as long as it does you have the ability to disable just about any autonomous interaction you want while playing.

The main downside to MC Tuner is that you may need to manually disable multiple interactions to get something to stop. For example with the water drinking you would need to disable it from a sink, a fridge, a bar, and any other places where you can get water. Luckily you can usually just click on objects to disable certain interactions, and then your settings are saved to a configuration file so you don't need to keep doing it.

I'd share a link to information for MC Tuner, but since the link is technically to a site for a specific mod I'm not sure it would be allowed (just go to the MCCC site, click Documentation then Automation Scan). The page has a lot of useful information about MC Tuner, including a download link for a config file that says it stops some annoying interactions (including getting water).

Message 21 of 112 (1,582 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@valohim666 Guess there's no need. Scarlet made a mod fo rthis.

I'll link it on the list;: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-Common-Game-Fixing-Mods-Hero-Approved/m-p/9836567

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 22 of 112 (1,569 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@crinrict   Oh nice, that will be great for users playing the computer version. I just tested it and it seems to work too. Might end up going back to the PC version myself lol. It might not matter much at this point, but I did get around to testing that autonomy mod and it did work though it only seemed to affect drinks from sinks.

I almost want to mark your recent post as the solution since it mentions the mod to stop the puddles, but since my bug report was specifically for the console version and since console users can't use mods I'm not sure how to approach it. Might edit my original post to include the link to the approved mods just so computer players can find it more easily. I guess console users just have to deal with it for now, which stinks.

Message 23 of 112 (1,557 Views)

Random puddle after sim drinks..

★★ Guide

There is a random puddle every time my sim drinks. Am I the only one to have this problem? The sim could be drinking orange juice or water. This has only happened after the most recent patch.

Message 24 of 112 (1,549 Views)

Re: Random puddle after sim drinks..

@iamoz96  I've merged your post with the master bug report for this issue.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 25 of 112 (1,525 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

okay I think this issue may be bigger then it seems, I'm not having an issue with them getting water from the tap and making puddles...but I have a resturant and every time they order water...they now leave a puddle this was not happening before the update so yeah I'm pretty sure the issue is much bigger then it seems as you can't take normal tap water off of a resturaunts menu...Oo'

Message 26 of 112 (1,502 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@crinrict Fantastic, Scarlet's mod seems to have worked for me. Thank you.
Message 27 of 112 (1,462 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@toramonger lmao, same for me. I had no idea where the puddles were coming from or why. I've taken water off the menu lol
Message 28 of 112 (1,408 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Puddles after drinking water

★ Guide

Same here. I assumed it was Bonehilda creating the puddles. I'd seen puddles form beneath her feet after she drinks water before, so I figured that was just part of her being a skeleton. Thought it was pretty funny, actually, but nope, it's everyone. Not so funny anymore.

Message 29 of 112 (1,386 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Puddles after drinking water

★ Novice
@valohim666 Same issue on Mac I do and (and will not) use mods or cc.
Message 30 of 112 (1,381 Views)