Re: Puddles after drinking water

by valohim666

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Puddles after drinking water

★★ Apprentice

I have the game on pc and I am also having the same problem. My sims every time he drinks water they leave annoying puddles.

Message 11 of 112 (1,882 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@Maysbat wrote:
@valohim666I have the same problem. I think it's because paranormal stuff pack brings Bonehilda and what I know when she drinks water she leaves puddle on the floor.

Interesting! That makes sense.

Message 12 of 112 (1,855 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

That probably is the issue but the pack isn’t out yet and it shouldn’t be a factor if it’s not installed. If I don’t plan on buying the pack, am I going to have to deal with this? I hope not. 

Message 13 of 112 (1,842 Views)

★★★ Novice
@Maysbat While this makes sense, and would be an interesting little marketing thing, it's also very annoying-- my Sim's boyfriend keeps coming over and drinking glass after glass of water, leaving puddles all over his floor. I just hope it's intentional and stops after the patch comes out.
Message 14 of 112 (1,826 Views)

★ Guide

Getting this too...in the exact same spot every time.

Message 15 of 112 (1,814 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Puddles after drinking water

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Wow ... I had no intentions of buying the ghost pack from EA because I was sick of all the unaddressed bugs in this game and didn't want to have to deal with any new ones. 

Seems it's futile 

Sad ... very sad day indeed. 

Dear Modders, 

If you could make a mod to prohibit any and all water drinking,

It would be most appreciated. We know EA isn't going to address the 

issue for at least a month, if ever. 

Thanks 

Zoiee 

Message 16 of 112 (1,791 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@candiecoatediv Unfortunately, yes. Even if you don't plan on buying the pack, you're going to have to deal with this as long as it remains an issue. Whenever EA releases updates, the data within typically includes game data for packs even if you don't have them. It's easier for them to release updates this way, but it can also cause issues for those that may not have certain packs. So right now in your game data you're going to have stuff for packs you don't even have, which as you're seeing with this puddle issue can just cause problems if they don't implement the data correctly.

EDIT: @zoiee2020  There are already mods that stop getting water, and I'm sure some should still work with the recent update. Unfortunately we aren't allowed to link to mods here, so you'll just have to do your own search (try searching for "Sims 4 no autonomous water"). You could also use MC Command Center. It has a function called MC Tuner that lets you disable autonomous actions as they happen in the game. The only problem is that some interactions seem to have multiple instances you have to disable, but once you disable them all then you can stop pulling your hair out with all the frustrating things your sims love to do on their own lol.

Message 17 of 112 (1,775 Views)

Hero
@valohim666 Does this one work: No Autonomous Drinking Tap Water - SHUSHU's Sims 4 Mods ?

I can add it ti the master list if it does. The one at MTS is broken as per the creator. If you have others, please PM me links. (MCCC is already linked although not for this specific issue)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 18 of 112 (1,763 Views)

★★ Guide
@AGrinningMonster I guess it's just codes preparing for Bonehilda but it is very annoying. All my sims now feel uncomfortable because of those puddles.
Message 19 of 112 (1,735 Views)

★★ Guide
@NinjaDogBuilds I am not sure it's because of that but it's the only one sensibly explanation.
Message 20 of 112 (1,734 Views)