Re: [OPEN] Puddles after drinking water

by shadedgrey63

Original Post

★★ Guide

This just started happening to me after installing Paranormal.

Message 31 of 112 (1,424 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

I've been noticing my sims cleaning up puddles a lot over the last week or so and wondered why.  I don't have the Paranormal pack installed and don't want Paranormal activity in my game please.  Also celebrities shouldn't be seen running round PBP Studio mopping up puddles because somebody went to the bathroom for a glass of water.  The NPCs are causing it by drinking and my played celebrities are running round like skivvies after them!  I pay on a Mac so can't use the mod suggested here.  Can the devs please leave those who didn't buy the paranormal pack alone?  I'm a Get Famous Get Together player mainly, so it has nothing to do with the way I'm playing.  Thank you.

Message 32 of 112 (1,391 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I play on pc.  I am having the same issue. puddles everywhere from drinking water.    But it's not just that, anytime a sim does and upgrade or repair on a sink, or tub there's a puddle too.

Message 33 of 112 (1,363 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Same thing is happening to me as well after the Paranormal patch. I don't have the pack though but its still happening. And you know Sims have an obsession with drinking water!

Message 34 of 112 (1,324 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Bonehilda is a Skeleton and water passes straight through her when she drinks.  I wish she would keep away from my sims, because we don't even play Paranormal! We're fed up mopping up after the silly old bint and getting uncomfortable moodiets when we're trying to act, (my sim got a queue to mop up while he was acting which I had to cancel!) and she's peeing all over our club dance floors!  Heeeelllp!

Message 35 of 112 (1,297 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Oh and just to add, nobody is even drinking.  Just random pee all over the place!  we don't drink on the dance floor or while we're acting! And we haven't peed ourselves!  LOL

Message 36 of 112 (1,295 Views)

★★★★ Novice

You have no idea how relieved I am to find that it's not just me. I play on PS4 but apparently everyone has this issue now. I can only assume it's because of Bonehilda, but considering I don't even have that pack I wouldn't want it to affect me

Message 37 of 112 (1,269 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@TheUniverseAndU I updated my UI to the latest version which was supposed to have addressed the puddles, but I'm still seeing puddles! We're still mopping up pools of pee everywhere we go! It's fixed a few other bugs though, so it's not all bad. Wink
Message 38 of 112 (1,232 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I might try to do that then. I'm hoping they address it in the next patch, I'm almost certain they will, but it is annoying at the moment. 

Message 39 of 112 (1,218 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Been having this issue too. Having puddles appearing all over the house, mainly in the kitchen and bathrooms, thinking something is broken, but nothing is. After seeing this post about it being from a sim drinking water, I checked mine and one of my sims was in the kitchen drinking water and three large puddles are there. Attached is a screenshot of what I'm seeing along with the sim drinking water highlighted. Nothing in the kitchen is broken, the sinks, stove, fridge, microwave all work.

Also I don't have the Paranormal Stuff pack. I didn't have this issue before the recent patch, but now I do. Maybe its coincidence but I have Seasons installed and every time I notice puddles on the floor its raining outside.

So I went ahead and uploaded a video to my channel. It shows the bug in all its glory. My sim grabs a glass of water, drinks it and a puddle appears

No denying this one, EA. Get your crap fixed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIKjoyzGBBk

Message 40 of 112 (1,192 Views)