by puderosasims

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] Problems with fountains placed next to walls on foundation

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? Deutsch
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.47.51.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All but "My First Pet Stuff".
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Visit the Discotheque Pan Europa (Modern District neighborhood) in Windenburg, or place a fountain next to a foundation. Then try to paint the fountain's walls.
What happens when the bug occurs? I'm unable to change the wall color of the fountain.
What do you expect to see? Being able to change the wall color.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I think this issue started to occur after one of the latest patches. Tagging @BryonyRae.

Message 1 of 3 (5,064 Views)

Re: Unable to change the wall color of fountains placed next to foundations

Hero (Retired)

@puderosasims the problem on this lot is that in certain locations, walls were used instead of actual blocks (flats/rooms).  While the walls pick up the foundation since they were drawn from blocks on foundation, the game seems to treat them differently, at least with regard to the fountains.  I see three issues here: 1) the inability to recolor the existing fountain walls - error is "Blocks on Adjacent Levels Must Touch" - which you could workaround by either moving the fountain away from the walls or replacing the walls with actual blocks, 2) the inability to draw fountains adjacent to walls on foundation - error is "Can't connect to a room with a different height" - the fountains in place on this lot are only that way because they were placed prior to the terrain tools patch - you couldn't place them that way today.  It seems like a bug, because you can draw fountains adjacent to blocks on foundation, so the game just needs to recognize walls on foundation in the same manner (but there might be technical limitations that make this difficult), and 3) fountains are causing a glitch in the foundation appearance - looks like they are carving out the wall a bit or placing weird shadows on it.  Will add this to our list.

Message 2 of 3 (5,010 Views)

Re: Unable to change the wall color of fountains placed next to foundations

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

This is an old open issue, but I think it's the same problem I'm having. I have an older home build and designed fountains around my house which sits on a foundation. The fountains seem to be linked on multiple levels somehow as I'm unable to draw walls or fences underneath them, 2 levels down. I tried deleting the fountains and redrawing them, but I either get the block adjacency error or an error stating it must be at least 1 tile wide (it is). I used to be able to draw walls underneath the fountains while in Basement Level 2 without adjacency conflicts (as shown by the completed rooms), but it appears I'm no longer able to.

Does this sound like it's related to the same issue? Note: I disabled custom content for this test.

Attached:

- Normal view of my house (not attached...could only attach 3 photos and I think the others show the issue more)

- Attempted placement of Square Fountain after deleting old fountain (adjacent1.png)

- Basement view 1 (basement level 1.jpg)

- Basement view 2 trying to move a single fence piece to where I'd like to place it - error lights up fountain 2 levels above as adjacency conflict (basement level 2.png)

Message 3 of 3 (4,090 Views)