[FIXED] Problems with Roof Curvature Touch Points (not SHIFT+C)

by BryonyRae

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Problems with Roof Curvature Touch Points (not SHIFT+C)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Place a roof (my example is the gabled roof). Click on a curvature point. The roof will immediately bottom out into the lowest curvature rather than waiting for you to adjust the curvature as you move the mouse while holding the tool. Click on the curvature point again, and create a concave curve that is shallower than the one the game automatically created. Release the tool and click again. The roof will be bottomed out again. Click on the curvature point again, and create a convex curve. Release the tool and click again. The roof will be snapped to its default straight angle (or tow a concave curve depending upon how much of a convex curve you created).
What happens when the bug occurs? Upon selecting the curvature toggle point, roof angles are being automatically changed by the game rather than by the user.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see a roof change curvature only when I adjust the curvature manually. Note that if you toggle SHIFT+C in order to enable additional roof curvature points, the undesired behavior no longer occurs. Ideally, you shouldn't need to toggle SHIFT+C to prevent it, however.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. New in the 11/7/17 patch.

Video above demonstrates the problem.  Workaround: before making adjustments to a roof, select it and press SHIFT+C.  Then make any adjustments necessary.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 4 (1,561 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] Problems with Roof Curvature Touch Points (not SHIFT+C)

Hero

Fixed an issue related to curvature points on Roofs. They should work better now.

Fixed in Patch 1.65.77/ 1.30

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 4 of 4 (987 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Novice

I have been having this issue as well. However for my game after the roof has bottomed out I am no longer able to see the roof move when I click on the toggle points.
I can still edit the roof but since I am not able to see it move I end up guessing most of the time.  Or the roof goes to the total opposite end of the scale (think barn roof) once I click the toggle points after it has bottomed out.
Since I cannot see the toggle points it makes fixing the roof nearly impossible. I am then forced to restart my roof and use the Shift + C workaround in order to manipulate the roofs how I would like. 
The workaround isn't that bad, but I agree it shouldn't be necessary.   

Message 2 of 4 (1,188 Views)

★★★ Guide

For me switch works and I can edit the roofs as usual.

24.11.19_08-20-35.png

24.11.19_08-21-02.png

Message 3 of 4 (1,168 Views)

Hero

Fixed an issue related to curvature points on Roofs. They should work better now.

Fixed in Patch 1.65.77/ 1.30

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 4 (988 Views)